Previous 1 2 3 Next 69 Replies Latest reply: Mar 3, 2014 6:01 AM by Terence Devlin
Terence Devlin Level 10 Level 10 (128,920 points)

Aperture 3.5 is now up on the App Store.

Note that it might be a couple of hours before it shows up on your App Store, depending on where in the world you are.

• petvas Level 2 Level 2 (275 points)

Thanks for the heads up! Downloading now.

This is a great day for all Apple fans. So many updates!

• Kirby Krieger Level 6 Level 6 (12,405 points)

Specs?

I logged on to get them to post, but the upgrade isn't showing in my little river hamlet yet.

• Terence Devlin Level 10 Level 10 (128,920 points)

Mostly bug fixes. Nothing new except for videos in Shared Photo Streams, using Apple Maps instead of google ones, SmugMug integration a la Flickr.

It's not Aperture 4...

• Kirby Krieger Level 6 Level 6 (12,405 points)

Bah.  The only thing I'll notice is the different maps.  Which has me nervous.

- Adds support for iCloud Photo Sharing, including the ability to post videos to shared photo streams and to have multiple subscribers contribute to a shared stream

- The Places feature now uses Apple maps to display photo locations

- New integration with SmugMug, with support for publishing and syncing galleries directly to a SmugMug account

- Adds support for iOS 7 camera filters applied to photos imported from iOS devices

- Fixes an issue that sometimes resulted in Retouch adjustments not being applied to exported images

- Addresses an issue that could cause the black and white points in Curves to shift incorrectly when using the eyedropper tools

- Fixes a problem that prevented caption data from being embedded correctly when exporting versions of some RAW file types

- Improves reliability when adding names to Faces

- Addresses an issue that could cause Aperture to hang after adjusting a very large panorama

- Fixes a problem that could prevent memory cards or hard disks from ejecting properly after import when clicking the Delete Items button

- Improves reliability of slideshows on a 15" Macbook Pro with Retina display

- Addresses an issue that could cause thumbnails to display incorrectly in the iLife Media Browser

- Videos up to three minutes long can now be shared to Flickr

- Captions instead of version names are now synced between Aperture and Facebook for newly-created albums

- Improves reliability when printing a light table

- Fixes an issue that could prevent adjusted images from being published to My Photo Stream

- Includes stability and performance improvements

Taken from:

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/10/22/apple-releases-aperture-3-5-with-icloud-phot o-sharing-apple-maps-support-and-smug-mug-integration/

(Hat tip to Ernie for the link.)

• Frank Caggiano Level 7 Level 7 (25,695 points)

I'm not seeing it  doing a Software Update.

It isn;t only available for those who bought through the App store is it?

Had a thought is it only for those who have upgraded to Mavericks already?

• Michael M Cohen Level 2 Level 2 (160 points)

I didn't buy Aperture from the App Store...I bought it from Apple...eons ago....

There is no update to 3.5 for me.  I am not anxious to purchase it again.....from the App Store...so what do I do?

• léonie Level 9 Level 9 (64,045 points)

I have upgraded to Mavericks, but I am seeing Aperture 3.5 only as Purchase at the App Store, not as Software Update:

Screen Shot 2013-10-23 at 00.42.30.PNG

I'll try a manual install ...

• firstlaunch Level 3 Level 3 (620 points)

You should not need to purchase it again even if you didn't buy it from the App Store. I suggest tying again later. If not contact AppleCare. Not sure if it really matters, but you might confirm that Aperture is in your Applications folder and not in a sub-folder somewhere.

I do not see the 3.5 update on the Support page either, if I search for Aperture 3.5. We will probably have to wait, until the update will be available on the Support page.

• StuartOnline Level 1 Level 1 (45 points)

Well, I guess I am starting to now have issues as I do not see any updates for Aperture 3.5 after installing Maverick. I do see updates for iPhoto and iMovie, however I get this error when trying to update:

Failed to verify the preflight file. It is not signed by Apple. The application will be available from the Purchases page.

Stu

• Shuttleworth125 Level 2 Level 2 (415 points)

Are you seeing updates for iLife and iWork App? They aren't showing for me.

• firstlaunch Level 3 Level 3 (620 points)

Does it help if you sign out of the App Store and then sign back in after all other updates have been complete?

iMovie and iPhoto already appeared as updates and installed without problems. Still waiting for the new GarageBand.  No Pages so far.

• torreypines Level 1 Level 1 (55 points)

OSX vers 10.9 Mavericks appeared as a free software update for me, which I just installed with no problems. After the OSX Mavericks installation, Aperture 3.5 appeared as a free software update to my Aperture vers 3.4.5. I have installed Aperture 3.5, which updated my large Aperture 3.4.5 library, with no apparent problems.

Previous 1 2 3 Next