Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photoshop CS6 UNWORKABLE on Mavericks!

Hello fellow "apples" 🙂

I've a late 2012 Macbook Pro (non retina) with 2,6 GHz i7 8GB Ram and 750HDD

Since i've updated the OS to mavericks yesterday I've been struggling with photoshop CS6, it can work just fine for a minute to completely freeze for a few or even 10 or so seconds ( sometimes even more ) until it will respond. This issue had not existed in Mountain Lion. I've also noticed that the sound voulume bar can be laggy, it jumps a few dots instead of steady increments .

Now i'm an artist not a tech guy, but my guess will be it has something to do with the new memory allocation thing, anyhow it made my life really difficult as i cannot work in PS anymore, and that's a serious stab... Someone should fix that really fast as being a freelance artist and illustrator I've lost a tool that gets the food on my table, if we won't get a fix asap some heads should roll.... :/

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 5:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 5:32 AM

Icecoldart, you're not alone. I have Photoshop CS6 on my iMac 24-inch, Early 2009 running Mavericks (OSX 10.9). It seems that it happens after a few 10-20 mins and freezes up the whole computer for 10+ second. It's gotta have something to do with the memory for sure. Hopefully Adobe will send out a update soon.

Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 256 MB

Software: OS X 10.9 (13A603)

120 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2013 5:32 AM in response to icecoldart

Icecoldart, you're not alone. I have Photoshop CS6 on my iMac 24-inch, Early 2009 running Mavericks (OSX 10.9). It seems that it happens after a few 10-20 mins and freezes up the whole computer for 10+ second. It's gotta have something to do with the memory for sure. Hopefully Adobe will send out a update soon.

Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory: 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 256 MB

Software: OS X 10.9 (13A603)

Oct 24, 2013 5:37 AM in response to icecoldart

Did you try changing your RAM settings in photoshop itself?

when in photoshop: go to Photoshop>preferences>performance, and boost it up to what you can use.

I would suggest BOTH of you to upgrade your RAM.

icecoldart, your computer supports up to 16gb of RAM. http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/memory/Apple_MacBook_MacBook_Pro/Upgrade/DDR3_160 0MHz_SDRAM

Oct 24, 2013 9:06 PM in response to icecoldart

Seems pretty clear to me, really. Not seeing any core complaints of any stature from CC members. I'm willing to bet that Adobe will wait a good while to fix anyhting on their end; it's a good time to get everyone to say, "Screw It" and subscribe.

I've always felt the way they deployed CC (exclusively) was as anti-customer as anything in tech history. I really hope I'm wrong, but I suspect the spin machine will kick in soon and use their coveted subscription plan as a first-strike solution.

Adobe started a trend that will change the whole playing field for those who are tring to just get in the game.

Oct 28, 2013 4:01 PM in response to icecoldart

I thought I was working on a smooth and the fastest Imac 27 inch machine. And an upgrade to Mavericks would make it perform even better. NOT!

It slowed down my Mac

But even worse is opening Photoshop CC, it takes over ten minutes and while it's open no other programs are working smoothly anymore.

And the worst, I have to present 12 images by tommorrow for a magazine, bye bye income. Thank you Apple

All was fine but after the upgrade all is a disaster

Did all the updates, did a java update, did install new drivers for the Wacom, unchecked the graphic accelerator in PS,...nothing worked.

Did anybody else find the solution with a reinstall of Mavericks?

Lars van de Goor

Oct 28, 2013 4:07 PM in response to LVDG

When I first opened Illustrator, I ran the Java update as asked to.

Since my problems with Illustator today. Among trying a few things, such as reinstalling CS6 and short of formatting my drive to go back to 10.8.5.......I think I fixed it.

I reinstalled Java Now, I don't know what the difference is between this Java and the "other Java" is but this seems to fix my problems. Good Luck!!!

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Photoshop CS6 UNWORKABLE on Mavericks!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.