Skip navigation

Mail.app not working after migrating from Early 2008 MacBook Pro (Mavericks) to MacBook Pro Retina Display Late 2013

11552 Views 51 Replies Latest reply: Mar 17, 2014 10:35 PM by Dramagirl RSS
1 2 3 4 Previous Next
SarahLauren15 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 25, 2013 12:48 PM

I bought a late 2013 MacBook Pro Retina Display and ran Migration Assitant to transfer files from my early 2008 model MacBook Pro - both were running Mavericks at the time. Everything transferred fine with the exception of Mail.app.

The Mail folder is in the library where it is supposed to be. However, when I open the Mail.app, it prompts me to add a mail account. However, when I do, nothing happens, and if I press cancel, it exits the mail app.  When I make it into the mail app, after entering my iCloud information, if I go to accounts, both my academic and iCloud accounts are already there, however, they do not show up in the Mail.app.

Any fixes would be greatly appreciated!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9)
1 2 3 4 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (2)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.