Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Mouse too Sensitive Under Mavericks

Sensitivity is an issue with all Apps under Mavericks. The slightest touch is detected as a swipe or scroll. I can't find any preference to adjust this. Any suggestions?

The sensitivity was fine under Mountain Lion.

Message was edited by: xnav

OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 4:32 AM

132 replies

Nov 1, 2013 6:18 PM in response to xnav

I wanted to add my voice to this post as well

I am finding it increasingly frustrating to work in Mavericks and one of the issues is this magic mouse touch sensitivity!

I am a graphic designer and I do a lot of layout work with the mouse. When I am fine tuning layouts and dragging and dropping in Adobe Illustrator I find a LOT of issues where things are sliding around left/right and up/down at the slightly twitch of my finger. This is not pinned to this specific application though. I find the same experience across all applications where I have to drag, drop, and place things on a screen as well as with regular scrolling where there is some "wiggle" in a window when trying to scroll up and down. For instance, on Chrome the screen regularly moves a little left to right just when my finger is sitting on the mouse not really moving. It's noticable on Chrome because it has the "bounce" effect when you scroll past the boundaries of the website you are view

This is extremly frustrating!

This is not related to the tracking or the scrolling speed. It is something different entirely.

Nov 4, 2013 4:11 AM in response to enshyou

enshyou wrote:

This happens in 10.9 when you are resting one of your fingers (middle finger) on a mouse and using your other finger (index finger) to scroll. If you periodically lift your fingers, scrolling threshold will be there.

I didn't have this problem before Mavericks.

After reading your post I said to myself perhaps I have fingers involved unintentionally using Magic Trackpad. This monring I fired it up again and was very intentional with all my movements and gestures. As previously there was no initial problem. Then after about 20 minutes of using Track Pad I methodically made a one finger tap to open a compose email box. Bam Bam TWO instant boxes opened. After that all went downhill. Move curser Bam highlighted ( selected ) an area.

Definate bug and it would seem to effect both Magic Mouse and Magic Track Pad usd with my desktop similarly.

George in NY

Nov 9, 2013 10:39 PM in response to xnav

I have the same problem, and it is a pain as a developer to edit/select small letter text, since the selection is never the one I want.

Using image editors, you cannot select an object without moving it, then undoing the move. It is very annoying. Didn't had any problems in ML or any other previous apple OS.

Even when I move my fingertip in one place (without swipe, etc) just a little while selecting a text (without lifting up my finger) scroll kicks in.

Filed a bugreport at http://bugreport.apple.com

Magic Mouse too Sensitive Under Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.