Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't delete my synced photos!

I accidentally synced my computer photos to my phone and when I tried to delete them, while following apple care instructions, I got stuck when I wasn't able to press the selected folders button on my apple laptop while on iTunes, Please help

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 7:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2017 10:11 PM

I am having the same issue By sync. It will delete all the photos but what if someone want to delete selected photos only

And i think apple should have give the option in iphone to delete sync. Photos without connecting it to pc

60 replies

Jan 8, 2018 2:11 PM in response to not.very.good.with.computers.

Hello, I was having this problem as well but I found an easy simple way.

Steps

1. connect your phone to your computer

2. go to iTunes

3. Click on the iPhone device in the upper left-hand corner

4. on the left in the column click on photos

5. uncheck the checked box that says sync photos.

6. The box that pops up click delete all photos and check your phone it will be deleted.

you are done! If you want to make your computer sync your photos again just click the checkbox. If you want it to sync it ASAP after deleting photos make sure you check the sync box and then click syn in the lower right - hand corner.

I hope this helps you🙂

😊

Nov 4, 2013 7:16 PM in response to not.very.good.with.computers.

Also here are the apple instructions...

To delete synced photos and videos from your device

In iTunes, click the Device button in the upper right corner. (If viewing the iTunes Store, click the Library button in the upper-right corner first.)

Click the Photos tab in the resulting window.

Choose "Selected albums" and deselect the albums or collections you want to delete.

Note: To delete all synced photos, deselect "Sync Photos from" and, when asked, click "Remove photos."

Click Apply.

I could not press selected albums

Jun 22, 2014 9:55 PM in response to not.very.good.with.computers.

Hey,

I dunno if you got an answer to this question or not but I had the same issue and found a loop hole.

You need to go back into iTunes and choose the Photos Tab.

Under that, it should give you an option to Sync Photos. When you select that option, it gives you the option to either:

-All folders

-Selected Folders

-Include Videos

I chose the Selected Folders option and chose NONE of the folders that popped up in the box below (so all the boxes were unchecked). Then I hit either Apply or Sync and it took all the picture folders that I had downloaded from my computer off my phone, leaving me just the camera roll and my photo stream.

If you figured this out already, then congrats but if not, it worked for me so it may work for you and you can try it out worst case scenario, someone who will Google it one day and see this and it could help them out).

Jul 23, 2014 6:17 PM in response to crbu

Hey crbu,

I think I speak for everyone when I say that we ALL have a love/hate relationship with our computers. lol!

For your iTunes, is it the most recent version or the one before that, or earlier?

Also, I tried adding a screen shot to help a bit but there is a reflection of the love/hate relationship happening from my computer to me. 😉

Under the Photos tab, where it gives you the option for:

Sync Photos From (should be like the first thing you see on that screen; left hand side)

is there a drop down menu there that gives you the option of Pictures or Choose folder?

If not, this could potentially be the problem and you may have to uninstall and reinstall iTunes (I may be wrong with that doing that but honestly, that's what I would do), and see if that changes anything. If not, then you may need to contact Apple on this one, just cause it should give you the option to at least choose syncing either pictures or from a specific folder.

I hope that helps in some way.

If not, and you are able to find another way, make sure to update us here so we know what to do when that happens to us (cause odds are it will; lol).

Good luck!

Jul 23, 2014 7:08 PM in response to J2TheOHello

Thanks for taking the time to respond. While I was waiting for your reply, I went to youtube and saw a video that somewhat led me to try this solution (the folder used in the instructional video contained 1 photo, my folder contained 56 photos, but I used the same principle that he did with folder containing one photo): I went to the folder on my PC and opened it, and then deleted the contents. However, I deleted the folder I had created in iTunes, not the original folder on my PC (which contained the identical photos). Then I instructed iTunes to sync with that [empty] folder (it read "0 photos"). Then, magically, that album on my iPhone disappeared. It may have been pure luck that it worked, but thankfully it's done. I can't tell you the hours invested trying to figure this out. Hope this helps someone, and thanks again for your feedback. It encouraged me!

I can't delete my synced photos!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.