Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

EEvent manager.app

What is this & how do I get rid of it?. Keeps popping up everey time I boot.User uploaded file

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 23, 2013 10:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2013 12:30 PM

A Google search seems to reveal it's related to Epson scanning software?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3238604

43 replies

Dec 28, 2013 4:12 PM in response to bzappler

http://silvanolte.com/blog/2011/01/18/do-you-want-the-application-to-accept-inco ming-network-connections/

I've not tried this, as I'm not sure it's a good idea to become an app signer myself, but the article does give some insight as to the nature of the problem, specifically that, since this piece of Epson software may not be "signed," the firewall continues to give the alert even though EEventManager already has permission to accept incoming connections (as listed in the firewall settings).

Dec 31, 2013 6:13 PM in response to Harris Miller

There seems to be a problem with how the Epson Event Manager application verifies its own integrity, which makes it constantly present itself in that Allow/Deny firewall dialog. If you're willing to do without the ability to scan documents by simply pressing Scan on the Epson printer (the alternative is to scan from within an app such as Preview), then you can use the Epson Uninstall app to remove the Event Manager from your system. You can always the Event Manager later using the EPSON Software Updater app. The Uninstall and Updater apps come with the Epson printer software. I ended up simply removing the Epson Event Manager application and now I no longer get the repeated Deny/Allow dialogs.

Jan 25, 2014 9:21 AM in response to David Mittman

David,

Below is a question I posted earlier today on

Apple Support Communities > Desktop Computers > iMac (Intel) > Discussions

I hope it is not out of order for me to paste it here, in the hope that you can help me sort the problem. Many thanks Angela

an 25, 2014 9:05 AM

Every time I booted up my imac, I kept getting a message asking me to allow or deny access to Event Manager and it was a nuisance.

I found out that this is sometihng to do with Epson.

I tried to stop it in Firewall, but couldn't so I searched for an answer and a suggestion came up

[from this Support Community, https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5593713]

which said I should drag the Event manger folder to the trash. It said that I would easily be able to downlaod it if I needed it.

So, I dragged Event Manager to the trash and then found that my Epson XP-605 won't scan without it.

I went to Epson and downloaded it, but when I tried to install it I got the message:

"Epson Event Manager.pkg" can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.

Epson Event Manager.pkg is on the disk image "epson374632eu.dmg". Safari downloaded this disk image at 16.18 from www.espon.co.uk

I'm afraid I have no idea what to do next. All suggestions most welcome. Thanks.

Jan 28, 2014 12:35 PM in response to canalhopper

After a number of calls to Epson I got a tech which sent the info up stairs for an developer to look at. I called corporate office a few moments ago and spoke to an upper management person who checked to see the status and it is under review. The problem is is that the EEventManager.app is not signed by Epson so it is considered by the Apple firewall as hostel hence the asking the question to allow permission. They will call me with an answer and also email me. Hopefully soon.

Feb 4, 2014 2:01 PM in response to canalhopper

I heard from Epson and here is what they said. It is good news.

Hello Joel,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention!

We have confirmed your findings, it appears that the overall Event Manager package file is signed OK, but not the EEventManager.app sub app as you have called out..

We are trying to see if we can resolve it locally here in our Corp HQ, if not we will need to report back to our software engineers at the Parent Co. in Japan and it will take a little more time to resolve.

In the meantime , please either continue to click "Allow" to allow the app to run, or remove the EEventManager.app exception from the firewall list.

Note if you remove the exception or deny the exception then the scanners control panel push buttons may not work properly.

Thanks for your patience while we look to resolve the issue.

Very Best Regards,

Tony C.

Epson

EEvent manager.app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.