Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App updates are not showing up in iTunes

I have a notification of 14 apps for updating on my iPad and 15 apps on my iPhone. Yet, nothing is appearing in iTunes on my MacBook Pro / OS 10.9. No matter how often I click "Check for Updates", I am told that there are no updates available for my library. When I check the version numbers of the apps in my iTunes that appear on my iPad & iPhone, they are a version below what is available.

This has only started happening in the last couple of days.

iTunes-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Dec 13, 2013 4:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2013 7:33 PM

I have the same problem; on my ipad it says there are updates available for some of my apps, but they're not showing up on my itunes.

210 replies

Dec 14, 2013 3:16 AM in response to mvrand

Same problem. Dutch Store and Japanese Store. iPad will show and download updates for installed Apps: NO updates will show under the iTunes (11.1.3) Updates tab in Apps section. iTunes simply says all is up to date, when it really is not. Also started happening a few days ago. Still not working a few days later.

Apple: what is going on?

Dec 14, 2013 4:08 AM in response to tetherballpro

Same thing here for me in the uk. I'm just back from the Netherlands and thought it might have been caused by me possibly having interrupted app updates there and then trying to resume them when I returned home to the uk. I had 40 apps waiting to be updated, but nothing appeared to be happening. I've tried deleting and re-instating some affected apps from iTunes and at one point it did re sync around 8 apps, not necessarily those I manually deleted. My iPad tells me I have 34 apps to update, while iTunes on my PC tells me I'm up to date. I think I got rid of all the apps in a 'waiting..' state on the iPad, but when I then try to update just one of the list to be updated, all I get is the little rotating circle. I've tried rebooting, airplane mode off/on as suggested in previous threads, etc etc etc to no avail. I've a fairly full 64gb iPad and won't consider going down the restore route, although given others are experiencing this, it sounds more like an apple server problem than our devices.

Dec 14, 2013 4:16 AM in response to Brantome

Sorry, also meant to say that I don't think my laptop iTunes is telling the truth -it seems to show higher version numbers I.e. the updates to the iPad waiting apps - but I'm not convinced it has downloaded those as I haven't had the laptop on until I came back to the uk and loaded iTunes. I would have noticed it trying to update 40 apps there as it's normally a fairly slow process.

App updates are not showing up in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.