Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My computer won't sync my iPhone, says its not authorized.

Recently I got a new iPhone because my old ones lock button was broken. I restored the new iPhone from my old ones backup on my computer. Now when I sync it to get all of my music back, a window pops up and tells me it can't be synchronized because this computer is not authorized to, then it tells me how to authorize it

So I do that, click authorize this computer and a window pops up saying "this computer is already authorized. Including this computer, you have authorized 5 out of your available 5 authorizations" or something

So why can't I sync my phone then? And why does it say I have authorized 5 when I've only ever used 2 different computers?

Please help

My iTunes is up to date and I have deleted the SC folder

Signed out and signed back in, no change

-Brandon

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.5

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 2:05 AM

37 replies

Jan 15, 2014 2:55 PM in response to Bee.robbs

Hi Bee.robbs,

If you are repeatedly prompted to authorize your computer, even after you have already done so, you may find the following articles helpful:

Apple Support: iTunes repeatedly prompts to authorize computer to play iTunes Store purchases

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1389

iTunes Store: About authorization and deauthorization

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1420

Regards,

- Brenden

Jul 8, 2014 3:29 PM in response to brenden dv

Hi Brenden,

I had the same issue but with my iPad mini (not retina) and I've tried all of the things suggested in the above:

- Authorizing purchase with admin account

- Authorizing purchasing with correct account name

- Turn off user account controls

- Remove the SC info folder

None of it worked.

My iPad os it the most up to date OS 7.1.2

It can sync music and podcast but it just won't sync any of the apps I have.

Any solution for this situation?

Sep 9, 2014 7:58 PM in response to Bee.robbs

Help! I have the same problem. I have been watching Boston Legal Season 5 for the past two weeks. Downloaded it to my iMac and then to my iPad mini and then hooked the mini up to my TV via an HDMI adapter. Everything went fine for the first seven episodes. Now it will not play any episodes on the TV. They play fine on the iPad Mini. When I try to play them on the TV, it says "content not authorized" and tells me to log into my iTunes account. Strangely, it displays my Apple ID and simply asks for my password. Unfortunately, it displays MY OLD APPLE ID which I have never used on this iPad, and which has since been changed, so I can't even log into iTunes. The Apple ID on my iPad Mini in Settings, etc., is my new Apple ID, not my old one. This iPad has never used the old Apple ID. And there is no way to change it. In both the iCloud and iTunes & App Store settings, my new Apple ID appears. When I open the iTunes Store App, it tries to sell me Boston Legal Season 5 AGAIN!!!!! When I check my Apple ID by logging into iTunes, it immediately asks me for my credit card info and then tells me it is out of date. It isn't. Is that why Apple has blocked me? It wants new credit card information so it can charge me AGAIN for something I already paid for? I'm done with Apple downloads. Back to DVDs from Amazon.

Oct 2, 2014 12:05 PM in response to Bee.robbs

My issues has been sorted, I used the live chat with an apple support person. The PC I initially used has 3 people who used it, we didn't share apps but we must have shared something because as soon as all 3 accounts were authorised on my PC it started syncing. I would suggest checking the 'account ownership' of your music, apps, etc. If no joy, I would definetly recommend the live chat as they are very patient and don't leave you until they can see the problem is sorted. They do a 'teamviewer' type session where they can see your screen - but they can only see and not touch.

Oct 15, 2014 11:31 AM in response to Bee.robbs

There is an APP that you have on your phone that belonged to someone else, perhaps you synced someone else's phone etc. I figured it out by removing any apps on my phone that may have synced when i had my husbands phones synced to backup. So i removed the 3 apps that was his and NOW i can finally sync , finally!!! just remove app one by one from your phone and u will see exactly what I'm talking about.

Oct 30, 2014 10:23 AM in response to i'm imacfrustrated

This is an easy fix. Just enter all your credit card information again and click purchase.

When you click purchase you will get a window that says that you have already purchased this content would you like to download it again.

I had the same problem before and thought i was going to have to buy one movie again so i went through the process and in the end it did not charge me again.

My computer won't sync my iPhone, says its not authorized.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.