Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Send text messages directly via PC?

Is there an app that makes it possible to write and send a text via the iPhone, from a computer? Have seen a few that seems to have the option to write it and send it to the iPhone, but then you have to send it on the phone anyway... Oh, and I'm using Windows 7 (64).

Thanks for any help =)

iPhone 4, Windows 7

Posted on Jan 22, 2014 12:22 PM

132 replies

Sep 18, 2017 12:02 PM in response to NerevarReborn

NerevarReborn...

The closest thing I've seen so far is MyPhone Desktop which I believe can only do outgoing SMS.

And yes, a more full-featured resource that does what we are looking for is available on Android platform such as Pushbullet(which is also available on iOS in the App Store but with the SMS feature removed for some reason).

AirDroid is another Android platform product that does it and a bit more.

Jan 30, 2017 5:29 PM in response to NerevarReborn

I know this does not answer your question regarding iPhone, but Windows phone has had this at least since Windows 10 came out. As long as the PC is connected to the internet, and the phone has data connection (cell data or wifi), in the Cortana bar you type the word Text, and a window comes up. You select a contact to send the SMS to, type the message, and press send. A few seconds later, the phone will give a notification that it has sent a text for you.

Limitations: only one recipient per text, no group texting, no attachments. But, it works great and is convenient. Wish iPhone had this.

Apr 24, 2017 6:55 AM in response to NerevarReborn

Get a GoogleVoice account. It's free. You will attached your number to that account and then you can text from your PC all day long. It will even accept image files now. You can either setup GoogleVoice on your Iphone and receive your messages there or you can have it go to your default messaging software. This software is also good because you can have multiple types of phone lines attached to it and anyone that calls the Google number will be able to reach you at any of your numbers that are setup in the software. You can have custom voicemail based on the caller, you can block and it will even reduce spam callers. I've been using it since the software was in beta and have loved it! I only give out that number so if I have to get a different cell number it doesn't matter because the Google number will never change.

https://www.google.com/voice

Enjoy!

Oct 9, 2017 5:31 PM in response to NerevarReborn

I just sent a text message from my Windows 10 PC to my iPhone. This may be what you are talking around.

I used my email client to send the message to ##########@vtext.com where the ### part is my iphone phone number starting with area code. This procedure (vtext) works with verizon. Each carrier has its own special name. I believe this is so old that the new MMS format may not work. I do not know for sure.

I hope this helps!

Jan 15, 2018 8:23 AM in response to NerevarReborn

Yes, it's called Mighty Text, I had it until I was gifted with an Iphone this Christmas. I am frantically looking for it's Iphone counterpart!

I am a typist and over 30 so small keyboards irritate me to death and no one wants to talk anymore, they insist on conversing thru text.....since the iphone, i don't converse! LOL, if they want to talk to me, they have to call or answer their blooming phone when I call them! HA!

Jan 22, 2018 1:14 PM in response to Mathi80

I -LOVED- the HappyFingers app. However, since I used Applecare to get my iPhone 6 replaced, now the app can't restore OR install again because its not in the Store anymore. I paid for this app to use for my work PC and sending out group text and email messages. I am TORKED_OFF that I can't still use it. If you have the happy_fingers.ipa file in your backup would you consider emailing it to me? Do you still have the app or were you forced to find another. I have had no luck locating a similar app; I've been looking since last summer (2017).

Feb 19, 2018 11:11 AM in response to AmishCake

you could not be more narrow minded.

i use my windows PC computer to send txt msgs via my celphone.

i download an app via the play store and then i download an extension on chrome or any other browser.

then new txt msgs get displayed on my PC..

when i want to send a txt msg from my computer i can easily do this

i can copy and paste content from email or the web directly to my phone and send to any one very easily.

this makes life so mush easier, i can send business txt msgs to employees FROM MY PHONE without ever pulling out my phone.

Send text messages directly via PC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.