Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Buy All Button Missing from My Wishlist - Answer as to WHY!

Okay everyone that has been frustrated....or rather HALF of everyone, I finally got an answer from Apple (after being on hold on/off for just under an hour), as to WHY the Buy All button feature was removed from the My Wishlist when wanting to purchase ALL of your items in one purchase, as opposed to each item being purchased and charged separately to your payment account (i.e. debit/credit card, or checking/savings account).

The reason WHY is because the other half of everyone was frustrated that they were accidentally clicking on the "Buy All" button when it was in iTunes, and buying all of their Wishlist items when they in reality wanted to just buy a select few (be it one or many...but NOT all). So after listening to the complaints of the userbase and apparently my definition of half is in reality the majority, Apple removed the Buy All button.

So there you have it! I feel a sense of relief knowing why and the explanation of it. Now being a computer programmer myself, I'm sure there is some way Apple can design it so that it would prevent the user from accidentally buying all by providing another prompt or perhaps a checkbox option in some "Settings" environment where the user can toggle on/off this feature. Any those are my thoughts and that should be the "feedback" to Apple. Not just to put it back but put it back in this way so the entire user base can be satisified.

Thoughts?

P.S. - Apple assured me that if I were to buy the items separately (assuming done within the timeframe, my guess of a few minutes, assuming you don't have a million WishList items) that they still will show up on my credit card as one charge. I beg to differ and told them that I still got separate charges.

Hope that my reseach helps alleviate everyone's concerns.

Posted on Feb 9, 2014 3:17 PM

31 replies

Jul 15, 2017 7:11 PM in response to Macwahmof3

Macwahmof3 wrote:

Seems they could do a shopping cart. Have a wish list, then option to individually add items to cart to purchase or add all to cart and purchase from cart. Or a simple extra screen before they put in password to complete purchase to confirm they want to buy all songs on wish list. Not having the option is a pain when you've saved 50 songs in your wish list you want to buy. 😉

Submit your feedback to Apple here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Jul 15, 2017 7:06 PM in response to jaramill

Seems they could do a shopping cart. Have a wish list, then option to individually add items to cart to purchase or add all to cart and purchase from cart. Or a simple extra screen before they put in password to complete purchase to confirm they want to buy all songs on wish list. Not having the option is a pain when you've saved 50 songs in your wish list you want to buy. ;)

Feb 11, 2014 1:07 PM in response to jaramill

Thank you. I wrote Apple about the issue and Apple Support directed me to your comment. I think it's odd that Apple Support uses thier customer's discussions to answer support questions.

I suggest popping a simple dialog box asking "Are you sure you want to buy everything in your wish list?" with selections to "Cancel" or "Buy Everything." But I might as well be ******* in the wind as far as Apple is concerned.

Feb 11, 2014 2:59 PM in response to jaramill

1. Thanks for digging into this and taking the time to wait for a reply from Apple,

2. Seriously? A huge company like Apple that designs state of the art computers, iPads, iPhones, etc. can't come up with a simple solution to a possible "Buy All" button issue? My God I'd expect this sort of reply from MicroSoft not Apple.

Yea let's just remove it because we have a bunch of idiots that can't read a button caption, rather than putting a second chance warning your going to "Buy All" if it's pushed.

3. I don't care how quickly you purchase a Wish List of items I've never have been billed (1) time fora multiple item purchase. I've purchased many times since this change despite my hatred of this decision and not once has it worked like that. I just purchased 50 songs within 2 minutes <singly> and I was charged (7) times. 😟

4. Apple used to be different and listened to customers not come up with idiotic excuses or actions, like the rest of the competition.

Not impressed Apple!

May 10, 2014 5:13 AM in response to jaramill

Due to the multiple transactions my bank actually withheld the payments to Apple as they appeared fraudulent, purely based upon the sheer frequency of transactions to the same retailer...I then received a message from Apple that my account was in arrears and then had to speak to my bank verbally in order for them to release the payments and enable me to continue to purchase my wish list. So emptying my crate took the best part of a day! I buy a LOT of music from iTunes so this is a real pain! I completely agree with the comments that in order to placate the stupidity of the lowest common denominator we are forced into this highly repetitive time-consuming charade...

May 10, 2014 2:37 PM in response to a_g_b

As a last ditch effort.....

I just got off the phone with Apple after over an hour of of being transferred 5 times and getting the same response from everyone....."there is nothing I can do about it".

Who can?

My last purchase of 50 songs <all within 2-minutes purchasing singly> had my Credit card charged 6 times...........insanity.

What is wrong with Apple?

They used to be concerned about their customers.....now they've fallen into the same mold as every other big company. Who cares.....we're stil making a ton of money.

Next time I go to purchase an upgrade for my iPhone or iPad......Android is looking like a much better option all the time.

I won't spend my money with a company that doesn't care anymore and forces their customers to jump through hoops to purchase their media. 😟

May 10, 2014 2:49 PM in response to buerkletucson

I really am glad that this topic has spurned discussion. I want Apple to pay attention that when our CREDIT card companies decline YOUR individual requests for purchases it is because THEY (the credit card companies/banks) are looking out for their customers to prevent FRAUD.

Amazon, eBay, NewEgg, pretty much all websites ALLOW their users to Buy All, or individual. Why cannot you Apple do this??

PLEASE FIX THIS SITUATION. I have a 20 songs, some albums, some TV episodes and movies I want to Buy "all at once" but don't want to because of fear of the credit rejecting it.

I suggest everyone e-mail Apple directly or copy past this thread in a letter and mail it to Apple.

The idea of switching to buying songs from Amazon via my Android phone now has much more appeal to me.

May 18, 2014 5:31 AM in response to jaramill

To fellow frustrated users: in the U.S. where I live, you can buy an iTunes gift card when you buy your groceries, load it to your iTunes account and shop-one-song-at-a-time all you want. That will get you around the issue of N1 charges to your VISA card for N2 songs purchased.

To Apple: better fix this issue than wasting money on arguing over it and loosing customer loyalty in the process. I guess it would be cheaper.

May 18, 2014 5:51 PM in response to eugen_nw

To Apple: better fix this issue than wasting money on arguing over it

The absence of the "Buy All" button has been a frequent topic in this user-to-user forum, but I have seen no evidence that Apple is "wasting money on arguing over it."

...and loosing customer loyalty in the process. I guess it would be cheaper.

Not sure what you mean by this. If customers take your advice of using gift cards instead of credit cards, there appears to be no loss of loyalty and no loss of revenue.

May 18, 2014 6:49 PM in response to eugen_nw

Wow I never thought about using an iTunes gift card. I'll try that.

But again....the fact that we users have to come up with these "ingenious" ways to get around the stupidity of other users tha forced Apple to take away the Buy All is annoying. And the notion that they're combatting FRAUD is counter. The fact that my credit card will see multiple charges for individual songs would be flagged by the cc company AS fraud as opposed to one big purchase. SMH (Shaking my head)! 😟

Thanks eugen_nw.

I agree with ed2345 that there is no loss of loyalty by using their gift cards.

May 18, 2014 8:05 PM in response to ed2345

I have seen no evidence that Apple is "wasting money on arguing over it."

Customer support comes for free, right?

"there appears to be no loss of loyalty and no loss of revenue."

I guess there'll be more people taking jaramill's approach just below than finding my earlier response.

The idea of switching to buying songs from Amazon via my Android phone now has much more appeal to me.

I'm sure glad you guys find my workaround useful!

Buy All Button Missing from My Wishlist - Answer as to WHY!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.