Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match Genius Mixes won't work on iOS devices anymore

Hi,

I had the iTunes Match Genius Mixes running on my Apple TV and iPhone without any problems until yesterday. Since then the iPhone still shows the list of mixes, but no cover art of the contained songs nor does anything happen when I press the play button. On the Apple TV it says that I should first enable Genius in my iTunes on my Mac, but that has already happened.

I tried signing out and in again from iTunes Match several times. The iTunes library load everywhere without problem and all songs are availble but no Genius or Genius Mixes. I also tried disabling iTunes Match on my Mac and turned it on again. Same result. All iOS device does not offer Genius or Genius Mixes anymore.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted on Feb 16, 2014 1:57 PM

75 replies

Feb 17, 2014 1:55 AM in response to kra_ste

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I am also having this issue. I spoke with Apple Support over the weekend and they couldn't work out what was wrong. It is now with their engineering team and I am waiting to hear back later in the week.

I Originally thought it could be related to an imminent iTunes Radio launch in the UK as genius mixes aren't available with that, but we'll see.

My partner also has this issue and this morning I've been contacted by someone on Twitter with this issue as well.

Feb 21, 2014 6:29 PM in response to kra_ste

I'm having the same issue as well. Tried same process of turning off and on match on all my devices, nothing works.

I really miss my genius mixes, and considering I just purchased iTunes Match, this kind of stinks. 😟

kra_ste wrote:

Hi,

I had the iTunes Match Genius Mixes running on my Apple TV and iPhone without any problems until yesterday. Since then the iPhone still shows the list of mixes, but no cover art of the contained songs nor does anything happen when I press the play button. On the Apple TV it says that I should first enable Genius in my iTunes on my Mac, but that has already happened.

I tried signing out and in again from iTunes Match several times. The iTunes library load everywhere without problem and all songs are availble but no Genius or Genius Mixes. I also tried disabling iTunes Match on my Mac and turned it on again. Same result. All iOS device does not offer Genius or Genius Mixes anymore.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

iTunes Match Genius Mixes won't work on iOS devices anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.