Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.9.2 won't install

Just downloaded the 10.9.2 update on my 2011 MBP and my computer is dead. Just sitting at a blank screen.

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 2:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2014 4:14 PM

Restart and hold down cmd-R. It should boot into Recover. From there, Repair the disk.

If the drive is dead, it may boot into Internet Recovery. That will boot from the Apple servers, but you can do the same things from there.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4718

17 replies

Feb 28, 2014 11:57 AM in response to 13Dylan13

Issue fixed... changing the permissions caused lots of "ACL found but not expected" errors which may be why it didn't find the osx update. After fixing these ACLr8, osx downloaded and installed fine.

This also addressed the multiple instances of app updates... it turned out these were failed updates. just successfully unpdate iTunes (tunrned out I was still on 11.1.3 despite updating it 7 times this month; now I'm on 11.1.5).

Mar 4, 2014 1:39 PM in response to Bud in PA

Hi all, im a new Apple user (2013 MBP Retina) and went to do the update but keeps failing to install because of a corrupted itunes or itunes has been tampered with. No idea what that means???? I am new to Mac's so complete amatuer with this. Latest Itunes appears to have been installed and 10.9.2 several times now! Thanks in advance. Salvatore

10.9.2 won't install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.