Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GPS Arrow Location services

GPS Arrow Location services is always on after update to ios 7.1. I close all apps and still there.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 10, 2014 3:08 PM

36 replies

Mar 10, 2014 7:29 PM in response to Iosif7

I am having the same issue. I went through the list of apps using location services, and shut off the apps that it said were actively using GPS. The Apple Store app would cause the icon to come on if I have In-store Notifications turned on, even after force-closing the app. NFL Mobile, Nike+ Move, and Yahoo! Weather all cause the GPS arrow to be on even after force-closing the apps.

I just manually shut off location services for those apps in Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services. Hopefully this issue is fixed whether it is a 7.1 problem or an individual app problem.

Mar 10, 2014 8:07 PM in response to Iosif7

I think I found the culprit...Foursquare. Under Settings>Privacy>Location Services, turn off the GPS function for Foursquare and the previously always-on GPS arrow disappears!

Prior to the 7.1 update, I had to nanny Foursquare by manually force closing it after using it. That would then make my GPS arrow go away. Now after the 7.1 update, manually closing it doesn't shut off GPS. Now the only solution is to shut off GPS access to Foursquare completely, which is silly. Hopefully Apple and/or Foursquare fixes this. I won't be using Foursquare anymore unless it's fixed. Not worth my time.

Mar 10, 2014 8:09 PM in response to Iosif7

I went to Settngs > Privacy > Location Services, then started at the top of the list of apps, deactivating them one by one. I discovers that the app Knock was causing the L.S. Arrow icon to stay on, as well as Groupon. I then re-activated the other apps.

Hopefully, the problem will be solved after apps start releasing updates for iOS 7.1

Mar 10, 2014 8:22 PM in response to diesel vdub

I actually obsess about app updates and check the App Store multiple times daily so my apps are definitely up to date. I've had issues with Foursquare for a while now, possibly after the iOS 7.0 update but maybe before? I don't remember exactly but that's the one app that kept my GPS on all the time until I force closed it.

I'm using an iPhone 4S by the way. Not sure if my issue is specific to the 4S so I wanted to mention that.

GPS Arrow Location services

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.