Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay on 2014 Honda Civic EX?

I have a 2014 Honda Civic EX, which is listed as one of the carplay enabled vehicles... However I can not figure out how to get the carplay features to show up on my in-dash screen. I installed the apple update and I'm using the HDMI/USB splitter cable made by apple and sold to me directly from Honda for $100.

I also checked my phone settings to make sure carplay wasn't restricted.

Help please! HondaLink blows!

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 18, 2014 1:47 AM

39 replies

Mar 20, 2014 9:36 AM in response to KarenRose1985

There is no "CarPlay" yet, 7.1 allows full Siri Eyes Free mode. Hold down the voice button (lower left talk button on steering wheel in your Honda). Once full CarPlay is released some features may work out of the box or there will be a software upgrade or an add-on accessory, these will be performed at a Honda dealership. Keep an eye out for an official announcement from Honda very shortly!

Mar 20, 2014 8:23 PM in response to KarenRose1985

I just can't wait either!!!

Got iPhone 5, 7.1 and still no CarPlay with Honda Civic 2014 EX neither

And yes, HondaLink su...ks....

I'm not sure at what level the update will happen: a new app on iPhone or new interface on the Honda display (thru the dealer?), or both...

Good that Siri is already working dialing numbers, looking for stuff on the web...

Mar 21, 2014 7:19 AM in response to KarenRose1985

I have a 2014 Accord. Was really hoping I could just plug this in and have it start working, but no. I called my dealership yesterday and they acted like they had never heard of this, and that an update to the entertainment OS is not really something that happens... I doubt he was right, but if anyone sees an official announcement from Honda or others about how they will start to integrate with 7.1, let me know!

Mar 21, 2014 7:31 AM in response to runningreeder

runningreeder wrote:

I have a 2014 Accord. Was really hoping I could just plug this in and have it start working, but no. I called my dealership yesterday and they acted like they had never heard of this, and that an update to the entertainment OS is not really something that happens... I doubt he was right, but if anyone sees an official announcement from Honda or others about how they will start to integrate with 7.1, let me know!

Unfortunetly, I have not heard anything about older cars except that if it's not the "Next Generation HondaLink System" there will be limited intergration. You should have already performed a dealer upgrade to enable Siri Eye Free, if not call your dealer to confirm as there should be an upgrade available.

Mar 22, 2014 8:18 PM in response to KarenRose1985

Hi gang,

I just sent this to Honda.ca today:

Hi,

I've just bought a Civix 2014 EX and I'm trying to figure out why Apple's Carplay doesn't work on my 7" display. iOS 7.1 is out and installed on my iPhone 5.

I've connected it with my Lighting cable and the Carplay interface doesn't come up. Does my 7" display requires an update (current software version is: Ver.01.D200.19) and my Device no. is: xxxxxxxxx.

I've tried with the HDMI connection and beside running HondaLink (with aha and Navigation) Apple's Carplay is still to be found. The only thing Apple like that is working is Siri.

I work as an IT manager, so please don't be shy bringing on a lot of details in your response.

I've bought my Civic almost only for the Carplay capability and I'm expecting much from Honda on this one.

Cheers

Let's see how they respond.

I'll let you know

Jean

Mar 26, 2014 4:56 PM in response to johnnygoodface

Here's Honda Canada's response to my initial inquery:

Good afternoon Mr. Lefebvre,

Thank you for contacting Honda Canada.

With regards to your inquiry, we wish to advise you that Honda Canada currently has not released information as to which of their vehicles will include software to utilize the Apple CarPlay feature. We have no further information at this time about whether a retro-active update will be available for older model years. At this time, only the Siri Eyesfree mode is available on the 2014 Honda Civic.

We do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, however, we recommend visiting our website regularly for the most up to date information regarding our vehicles.

We thank you again, Mr. Lefebvre for taking the time to contact Honda Canada, and allowing us the opportunity to respond.

Yours very truly,

HONDA CANADA Inc.

CarPlay on 2014 Honda Civic EX?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.