Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Every video is lagging and choppy?

Every time I try to watch videos online they are lagging and choppy. I've tried restarting my router, tried restarting my iPad mini. I can watch the videos on my iPad 2 with no issues.

iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM), iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 14, 2014 12:46 PM

38 replies

Apr 15, 2014 6:19 AM in response to Partygator7

iPad running slow? How to speed up a slow iPad

http://appletoolbox.com/2012/07/ipad-running-slow-how-to-speed-up-a-slow-ipad/

If You Think iOS 7 Feels Slow Here’s How to Speed It Up

http://osxdaily.com/2013/09/23/ios-7-slow-speed-it-up/

You may have many apps open which can possibly cause the slowdown and possibly the loss of wifi. In iOS 4-6 double tap your Home button & at the bottom of the screen you will see the icons of all open apps. Close those you are not using by pressing on an icon until all icons wiggle - then tap the minus sign. For iOS 7 users, there’s an easy way to see which apps are open in order to close them. By double-tapping the home button on your iPhone or iPad, the new multitasking feature in iOS 7 shows full page previews of all your open apps. Simply scroll horizontally to see all your apps, and close the apps with a simple flick towards the top of the screen.

 Cheers, Tom 😉

May 9, 2014 9:03 AM in response to Partygator7

these are all streaming issues - or does it happen with videos already stored on your pad? If this is a streaming issue - are you using wifi or cell service? If it is happening with video stored on the pad, your problem is as discussed above by Texas Mac. If this is a streaming issue - remember that your pad cannot stream any faster than the connection speed you have with the internet. Wifi is almost always faster and more reliable than cell, but even wifi is subect to network load.

One way to troubleshoot is to grab an app like speedtest from the store, and see how fast your connection is.

May 14, 2014 5:03 PM in response to Partygator7

I've got this issue, too, on my iPad mini. Streaming videos are very jerky on my iPad. The audio is fine but the video lags.

I've just done a speedtest and got 15.75 Mbps speed on my iPad over my WiFi network. Given that, and given that my husband's 4th gen iPad plays videos just fine, so I am confident it's not my WiFi.

I freed up some space on my iPad and now have 2.21 GB free (out of 16 GB). I also killed just about all background apps and restarted my iPad.

I don't know what else to try, and would appreciate any suggestions.

User uploaded file

May 30, 2014 6:25 PM in response to Partygator7

This has been happening for the last week for me as well. At first, I thought it was bandwidth, but it's just getting worse and I've ruled the bandwidth problem out. I have an iPad (3rd Gen) and I'm trying to watch video streaming from the iTunes store (Warehouse 13, if you care). When it begins to bork and stutter the video, audio keeps rolling along fine. I can usually pause or exit, kill Video, reopen Video and get it to work again for 5-10 minutes.

And then after a couple days of this, downloaded video began to do the same things. Then last night, saved video crashed the entire OS twice - and this is after I ran the sucessfully ran the OS update that had been waiting for a copule of weeks.

This is really ******* me off. I pay for the Apple platform because I expect the software & media FROM APPLE to Just Work.

Every video is lagging and choppy?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.