Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Push isn't working for email on iPhone or iPad using aol

Push isn't working for my email on iPhone and iPad for aol carrier

Posted on May 3, 2014 11:42 AM

55 replies

May 4, 2014 8:17 AM in response to Jolsobeck

I've been having the same problem with my iPhone and iPad. My email accounts are with AOL. Everything had been working fine with pushing the email and suddenly it stopped working. I've had my phone for 2 1/2 yrs and my iPad for almost a year and a half. Never had had a problem with mail being pushed previously. Any help would certainly be appreciated. Thank you.

May 4, 2014 8:49 AM in response to Chris CA

Hi, I have checked and all setting are set to Push. I have even deleted the account and then opened it up again and it is still unable to push emails from AOL to my iPhone and iPad. There is obviously something happening in the background with AOL. Still hoping for someone to come up with an answer and a way forward.

Thanks again for your input.

May 5, 2014 3:43 PM in response to Jolsobeck

AOL has always pushed mail to my iPad. I was notified by the sound I chose. All of a sudden the mail from AOL has to be fetched and I no longer get a sound notification of incoming mail. I have not changed anything in my iPad mail settings. It us VERY frustrating! I have talked with Apple support and nothing has helped solve the issue.

May 5, 2014 5:11 PM in response to LindaE175

I have the paid AOL accounts, and they were supposed to get back to me today and have not, thus far. It has to be an issue with AOL's email server. The tech that I spoke to over the weekend said that he thought that it may be an issue with their server. Almost 3 weeks ago, AOL's email server was hacked. They said that 2% of their accounts were affected, and one of my AOL accounts was in that 2%. They didn't admit for over a week that it was their server that had been hacked, and instead made everyone affected think that it had been their own computers that had been hacked. I have to believe that this is an AOL issue again. Everything was working fine with my iPhone and my iPad, and suddenly my email was nolonger being pushed on Thurs night/early Friday. If I get an answer from AOL, I will certainly post it here.

Push isn't working for email on iPhone or iPad using aol

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.