Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resound Linx

I would like to start a new discussion centered around the Resound Linx and Apple iOS devices. Let me give you a little background about myself and the Resound Linx. I have been using hearing aids for almost 8 years. In April I purchased the Resound Linx 9. For the most part I have been very pleased with the product, but there have been issues where I have been frutstrated at times such as the loss of the Bluetooth connection and the quality of streaming. I am also very fortunate as my audiologist has given me the Airlink and software to make adjustments to the Linx. From this standpoint I would be very interested in other Linx users and their experiences.

Thanks.

Posted on May 29, 2014 8:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2016 7:21 PM

I am having the same problem.

The ReSound app after working for 3 months will not connect, I can adjust most of the settings on my I phone 6S in general settings.

Pushing the home button 3 times takes me directly to the hearing aid settings in general settings,

I'll call ReSound 1-888-735-4327 next week.

Other than the bluetooth features, my Starkey Destiny hearing aids from the VA worked very well.

Happy New Year

Ken

106 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2016 7:21 PM in response to johnfromranchomirage

I am having the same problem.

The ReSound app after working for 3 months will not connect, I can adjust most of the settings on my I phone 6S in general settings.

Pushing the home button 3 times takes me directly to the hearing aid settings in general settings,

I'll call ReSound 1-888-735-4327 next week.

Other than the bluetooth features, my Starkey Destiny hearing aids from the VA worked very well.

Happy New Year

Ken

May 31, 2017 4:47 PM in response to vikingschool

I am excited to say I got my new Linx 3d on Friday after they came out on a Monday....it is my first pair of hearing aids. I like them so far however I feel like they have not been set up and adjusted to their full capasity. I don't want to make the hearing proffestional feel badly....she is just learning about them....but I want to take FULL advantage of what seems to be a remarkable new tech....can anyone direct me to a troubleshooting place or should I start sharing my questions or concerns right here. Thanks .... best JGH

May 31, 2017 4:56 PM in response to Jerry Horn1

This thread has been very helpful for me. When I try to talk to Resound, they refer me back to my audiologist. My audiologist is absolutely excellent, but I don't want to hound her with questions and she is not in a position to teach me about the tecnology which I'm sure is proprietary, just the use and care of the aids. They do have special software to interface and set hearing aid features, but Resound won't provide customers with information about the software they distribute to the audiologists. I'm glad you are enjoying your Lynx 3D. I have the Lynx2 and have been completely happy with them.

Sep 2, 2017 3:08 PM in response to GabiTal

I'm new to HAs have ReSound LiNX² 9 live the app changed from another brand. The ability to adjust treble and base. Filter out noise has greatly improved my hearing

However lately is all for nothing cannot connect to app. I've tried every "button" but very frustrating. The app gives great control over my hearing. I am happy with these HAs but lack of app use is a problem.

Can only turn everything on and off again before you realize something else is wrong

May 30, 2014 9:03 AM in response to vikingschool

I recently began my 30-day trial with a pair of Linx 7. On the day that my audiologist calibrated my devices and then went through the pairing process with my iPhone5s, the regional sales rep for ReSound was onhand as well. Since I was only the third person the audiologist had fitted with Linx, having the rep on hand to help proved most beneficilal. In part, I expect that ReSound has been aware of some issues with setup and pairing. And quite honestly, the calibration process based on my NOAH data didn't take very long - it was the pairing and subsequent learning the ins and outs of using my iPjone with the ReSound Smart app that took up the bulk of the time.

A couple of notes about the initial "do it once and forget it" iPhone pairing. Before pairing, the rep had me turn off all apps running in the background. Simply exiting or quitting an app is different from turning off apps in the background. The process involved going to the General/Accessibility/Hearing Aids section as the bluetooth involved is low power bluetooth not to be confused with the initial Bluetooth On/Off found in the first Settings screen.

In the three days since pairing, I have had no issues with the phone staying paired. When I close the battery cases to turn on the devices, they pair with the iphone within seconds. When I turn bluetooth off (using the accesibibility screen for ReSoundSmart app - not the bluetooth on/off in Settings) and then turn it back on, pairing is quick. There was one time where it took about 15 seconds but otherwise, it's been fast enough.

Since the iPhone is our one any only phone (we are full-time RVers and just use the one phone), there has been a learning curve for my wife and I when an incoming call is received. I can hear the caller in my Linx just fine but for my wife to be able to accept the call, she has to switch to "iPhone" in the ReSound Smart app thus rerouting the call out of my hearing adis. There have been a few humorous moments but by in large it's worked well. No dropped calls.

One thing about answering the iPhone is that when I hit the "accept" button, there is a short delay where the screen is grayed out. We were told to wait until the screen assumes its normal appearance (not grayed out) before talking. This takes only a few seconds but until that happens, interaction with the caller cannot occur.

There has been one instance when my wife was on a call that the audio switched to my hearing aids. But we're not sure if my wife inadvertantly hit the iPhone screen, or, if in fact it is a software issue as some others have suggested. We're keeping track and will relay any information to ReSound support.

It's too early for a complete report on how the hearing devices are working but so far, they have worked very well for my needs. I like having control over volume on each hearing aid as well as treble and bass adjustments. Over time, if I like more treble or more base for one or more of my general settings, the audiologist will be able to make the adjustment more permenant.

I have three general programs that were default names: Softswitch, Restaurant, Outdoor. There is the option to add a fourth and I may ask that it be setup for "music". My listening to music experience is that it sounds overal tinny or, overly bright. In part it may be that my brain is still adapting to filtering all the new sounds (walking on gravel in the Outdoor setting - I have to drop the volume significantly).

I find the Restaurant setting works best for enclosed spaces (like our RV) or driving. The Softswitch works well as an omnidirectional as well as the Outdoor which is very sensitive. As a bird watcher I am having to relearn a lot of the sounds I once knew.

The ReSound web site support area has several "training" videos that are mainly for professionals but which I have found to be very helpful understanding the basic technology involved. Probably not for eveyone but worth looking over.

Looking forward to what others are saying. The ReSound web site doesn't have a discussion list so I'm grateful for the Apple discussion area.

Jun 3, 2014 10:57 AM in response to J. Thomas Sykes

Vikingschool I'm on my 6th day of using Linx 9 with iphone 5c. I am a new user of hearing aids. From day one the aids work great with my hearing clarity lose. Where I am fustrated is with the pairing feature of the linx software. Yesterday I had my first follow up with the audiologist stating that I was not pleased with the bluetooth staying paired. We tried every thing to replicate my problem with no luck, the aids paired within 10 seconds under all conditions we tried. So I left thinking it must be me. Well this morning I brought up the app after closing the aid doors and no connection. Then 3 hours later they connected for an hour and now nothing. Went through all the steps again with no luck. Under General Setting hearing aids it shows the pair but the linx app shows no connection. A very big UG. This app interface is why I finally got hearing aids. The Audiologist is giving my 45 days with the linx then another 45 with Starkey's halo. Then I'll make my decision. It's not looking good for the linx. I haven't even tried to stream yet from my LG smart tv which I desparately want to do. But without consistance pairing I don't think it will work.

Comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks, fustrated frank

Jun 3, 2014 3:58 PM in response to frankeric

frankeric,

I certainly understand your frustration. I, too have faced the same issues. I would love to be in a room with engineers from both Apple and Resound and listen to that discussion. I am sure there would be some fingerpointing but in the end I believe both want the same thing. Hopefully, this will get resolved in future updates to iOS and the Linx app.

Right now the HA section in settings can do everything the app can do except adjust treble/bass and location services. It is easily accessible by triple clicking the home button, even in the lock screen. As for streaming from the television, that hasn't really been a problem with the Resound TV Streamer. Even though Costco doesn't carry the Linx they do carry the Resound TV Streamer for less than what you can probably get it through your audiologist.

You pay a lot for these premium hearing aids and you need to be happy with the purchase. Right now it doesn't sound like you are that pleased so I would certainly take a look at the Starkey's.

I am pleased even with some of the shortcomings. I like the small size (more than half of what I had before), the ability to change volume and shut the mikes off through the phone. The streaming of the phone is acceptable to me but the music streaming needs more tweeking. As I mentioned earlier I am hoping updates with address these issues.

Good luck.

Jun 5, 2014 12:56 PM in response to vikingschool

Hi & thanks for the reply. Forget the app. Now I know I got a big problem thanks to your post. So I triple click the home button and everything I need is there. But, the screen goes in and out. When it's all there I can stream right into the HA's with my iphone music, but it goes off and on and sometimes one ear then the other and now nothing. Have changed batteries over and over, the Linx tech keeps telling me that's the problem, BS it's not.

Next appointment Tuesday and something will happen then because I've had it with these. I just had a thought, maybe my Linx are defective???

frank

Jun 20, 2014 7:10 AM in response to vikingschool

I'm having a pair of LINX 9 since April...

As stand alone they are quite satisfactory.

However, I purchased it based on the "promise": "ReSound LiNX offers a superior sound experience, setting new performance standards. It is a Made for iPhone hearing aid with direct sound streaming, and it can be personalized to your every need."

i.e connectivity with the iPhone without the need to use any additional intermidient device.

In order to achieve this goal I switched from Android to iPhone and replaced my previous HA (non Resound) to Resound LINX.

I was absolutely sure that I can't go wrong with two leaders such as Apple and Resound.

The current situation is quite annoying:

- Pairing loss - on a daily basis.

- Call streaming - in some cases - poor quality.

- Any streaming - in some cases to one side only.

- When call comes in - in some cases there is a delay in the streaming.

- live listen quality is poor.

One of the main issue is that the LINX are not an independent device... and the only way to adjust its volume is by using the iPhone, so if the HA are not paired this can't be done.

I'm in contact with Resound support over the last 6 weeks... got a detailed process for "high quality pairing" that includes turning off and on the iPhone (a 5 minutes procedure)... which is not relevant if you are attending an important business meeting.

I've asked for some kind of commitment / resolution roadmap... at this stage the only thing I got is - qoute: "At this point all I can say is that you have my support".

To sum-up this is very far from what i have expected.

I really hope that this post will bring it to the attention of all involved - both at Apple and Resound (to the top executive level). They have to understand that we are not using these devices as fun gadgets, it's critical to our daily quality of life and functioning!!!

Thanks

Jun 20, 2014 1:15 PM in response to GabiTal

Hi Gabi. When I read this I thought I wrote it! It's just what I'm going through. I'm 4 weeks into these Linx and not a happy new to HA person, yes like you I was sold a bill of goods.

So here is what's going on besides your experience which is mine too. I reset 2-3 times a day by shutting down. This seems to help unless I get out of range then the pairing is gone so another reset. Listening to iTunes streaming stinks to put it mildly.

Forget the phone. When a call comes in I bring up the quick menu and kill the bluetooth and take the call like the old days. Then another reset. This really *****!

The good news is that I finally let the batteries go and not change them every few days wether they need it / not. The app, for the first time, showed the depletion and I changed them at around day 5.

Right now I was listening to iTunes and now it's gone, no music from the HA's but coming from the iPhones speakers. All this and I did nothing, just sitting at my desk with the iPhone right next to me with the HA batteries about 24 hours old, about 3 days worth.

As you can see from my above post I get to keep them for 45 days then on to the Halo trial for another 45 so I will comment when I start the Halo.

I would hope the powers that be are reading some of these comments, although they've not called yet.

When this is all over I plan on doing an editorial in the NYT and elsewhere documenting my and other experience with these Linx, it does not look for them!

Frustrated, frank

A big PS: I just sent ReSound an e about all this so lets see what transpires!

Jun 26, 2014 9:59 AM in response to frankeric

At almost 1 month with the Linx my Dr Aud tested me without HA's and with the Linx. Since these are my first experience with any HA's I was looking forward to good results since my hearing loss is mild. Well I failed or should I say the Linx failed. Only with a lot of background noise was there any improvement and not that much. Both of us were disappointed. So, Monday I get to spend 45 days with the Halo's.

I was counting on a least an improvement on hearing, forget the pairing to the iPhone.

Will post after a few weeks with the Halo's.

frank

Jul 2, 2014 11:55 AM in response to vikingschool

I have the resound Linx 9 and this is my 4th set of hearing aids and first set of Resound. Previously I had Starkey, Rexton and WIdex. Generally I am happy with them-- I have been wearing them for three months. Once in a while the Iphone crashes(it's a 5) and I have to reboot it. Sometimes the native app to control the hearing does not come on.Switching between the Iphone and Ipad is a pain so I don't bother.

With my Widex and Rexton, when I fly on long trips I like to listen to music or other audio content from the plane, I was able to connect the output jack next to the airplane seat (normally used for standard headphones) to a remote that was coupled wirelessly to my hearing aids. Does anybody know if I could set up my Iphone to do the samething?

Resound Linx

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.