Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't copy + paste correctly on iOS 8

I downloaded iOS 8 to my iPhone 4s yesterday, and I've now realised that I can't copy and paste texts correctly. For example; when I write a text in Notes, marks it all and presses copy and then goes to Instagram and pastes it - an old text that I used yesterday shows up instead of the newly copied one. And when I copy the same text in Notes and pastes it into a iMessage another old text (a link in this case) from yesterday pastes.

The strangest part is that sometimes, if I mark word by word (til the entire text is marked) and then presses copy and pastes it into Instagram - it works. But I did this just now, and deleted the text and tried to paste it into Instagram again - then the old text from yesterday showed again, even though I, one minute earlier, was able to paste in the new, copied text!

Does anyone know how to solve this, or should I go back to iOS 7? Because I've heard that iOS 8 aren't really optimized for 4s' ...

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 1:11 AM

49 replies

Sep 21, 2014 2:50 PM in response to emeliejr

Hi emeliejr,

If you are having issues with your iPhone's copy and paste functionality, you may want to try some things to troubleshoot.

First, quit all running applications and test again -

iOS: Force an app to close

Next, I would try restarting the iPhone -

Turn your iOS device off and on (restart) and reset

If the issue is still present, you may want to restore the iPhone as a new device -

iOS: How to back up your data and set up your device as a new device

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

Can't copy + paste correctly on iOS 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.