Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 8 BLUETOOTH PROBLEMS

i have just upgraded to the new IOS 8 and when i went to use my phone today it does not let me make a call

i have a renault scenic 57 plate

any ideas?

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 2:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 2:49 AM

They have messed up bluetooth and usb car sync up. There are many threads. Mine was ok til ios 8. Now my car bluetooth won't pair (even after forgetting device and trying again). The phone sees it in list but they just don't connect. As a double blow my car had USB radio sync. So I could browse music app on the radio this way and play tracks. Now with ios 8 that is no longer working too. All the USB achieves now is charging the phone up. some defend apple saying the car manufacturers are too blame but the problem is pretty widespread. It's easier to change a phone than a car! It's not as if updating a radio firmware / car sync system is easy.

very dissapointed with apple, why do they mess about so much. If it ain't broken then don't try and fix it. They should of just kept doing point updates to ios 7 and got it really good and stable. It was pretty decent as it was. Instead ios 8 brings a raft of headaches. Maybe they will address it but I am suspecting not

128 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2014 2:49 AM in response to cornishmark1972

They have messed up bluetooth and usb car sync up. There are many threads. Mine was ok til ios 8. Now my car bluetooth won't pair (even after forgetting device and trying again). The phone sees it in list but they just don't connect. As a double blow my car had USB radio sync. So I could browse music app on the radio this way and play tracks. Now with ios 8 that is no longer working too. All the USB achieves now is charging the phone up. some defend apple saying the car manufacturers are too blame but the problem is pretty widespread. It's easier to change a phone than a car! It's not as if updating a radio firmware / car sync system is easy.

very dissapointed with apple, why do they mess about so much. If it ain't broken then don't try and fix it. They should of just kept doing point updates to ios 7 and got it really good and stable. It was pretty decent as it was. Instead ios 8 brings a raft of headaches. Maybe they will address it but I am suspecting not

Sep 19, 2014 5:24 AM in response to cornishmark1972

I experienced the same problem this morning in my car (Renault Clio). I had this problem already with my update to IOS7 and a different car (Fiat 500c). The solution is: Restore all network settings of iOS8. You can do this via: Settings General Reset (at the bottom) Reset Network settings.

*** Caution *** This also deletes all Wi-Fi and other network settings!!! If you reset you must re-add all your network settings in iOS. Nevertheless, I tried it and it worked for me (again).

Good luck!

Sep 19, 2014 11:54 AM in response to cornishmark1972

I just updated to iOS 8 and experiencing issues with my car's bluetooth as well. I connect fine, but when I dial a number, the phone switches from BLUETOOTH to PHONE. It dials the number and audio plays through speakers of my iPhone. I'm forced to manually make the iPhone play through the speakers of your car. I didn't have to do that with IOS7. I even did a re-pairing of the devices. Still did not work.

Even tried the RESET NETWORK SETTINGS option. - no dice.

Apple support says the iOS 8 is a new software that is working on a new class of Bluetooth. My car bluetooth has a firmware that can read this frequency but the firmware needs to be updated. They recommend that I have it updated by my dealership. -- ARGGGGGGHHHH!!!!

I did get a phone escalation with a live adviser to make me feel better about being screwed... but they are going to send it to engineering to fix it.... yayyyy.

Sep 20, 2014 3:03 PM in response to cornishmark1972

I own a Ford dealership and I just got the new iphone 6 yesterday and I try to hook it up with any of my Ford or Lincoln cars with My Ford touch with version 3.6 and all I can do it bluetooth audio. When I make a call It will not go through the car. Sometimes even freezes the screen on dash. I click on my phone where you can choose between SYNC, IPHONE, or SPEAKER and they seem dim gray color. Unlike the button below that says cancel that is bright white. Weird. Have you found anything out?

Sep 20, 2014 3:04 PM in response to Paul Beck2

I own a Ford dealership and I just got the new iphone 6 yesterday and I try to hook it up with any of my Ford or Lincoln cars with My Ford touch with version 3.6 and all I can do it bluetooth audio. When I make a call It will not go through the car. Sometimes even freezes the screen on dash. I click on my phone where you can choose between SYNC, IPHONE, or SPEAKER and they seem dim gray color. Unlike the button below that says cancel that is bright white. Weird. Have you found anything out?

Sep 21, 2014 11:12 AM in response to cornishmark1972

I have a 2011 BMW 520D (which I have just purchased) and Whilst my iPhone 6 will pair with the car, the system is unusable.

Basically, once connected, the car thinks that a call is in progress. It is not.

On the cars iDrive it will only display a calling screen with a dialling message.

The "ghost" call cannot be terminated as the "hang up" buttons will not operate.

The call cannot be terminated from the phone as there is no call to cancel.

The BMWs Bluetooth system worked absolutely fine with my previous iPhone 5 running iOS7.

The bluetooth system in the car is up to date (update 1006 installed today).

I have tried deleting the phone off the system and re-pairing.

Any suggestions, or will I have to wait for an Apple update to iOS8 or BMW (I'll have an iPhone 7 by the time BMW get around to doing anything)

IOS 8 BLUETOOTH PROBLEMS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.