Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Plus vibration is ridiculously loud... is this normal?

Hi guys

I received my iPhone 6 Plus today, and my wife updated to an iPhone 6 4.7", which also arrived today.

I have just switched it to silent, and the vibration is INCREDIBLY loud! My wife's non-Plus iPhone is absolutely normal, and sounds like our older iPhones on vibrate mode.

But the 6 Plus is insane... basically when it's being held in the hand or in a pocket, the vibration sound is as loud as most phones sound when they vibrate on a wooden table.

I'm wondering if this is normal, or whether I have a faulty iPhone 6 Plus.

Keen for any 6 Plus owners to share their experience with the vibrate mode and how loud it is when just held in the hand - especially compared to the smaller iPhone 6 or to the iPhone 5.

Cheers and thanks guys!

Mike

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 4:42 AM

44 replies

Sep 20, 2014 7:55 PM in response to yeloop

Yep, my 6+ is the same way it sounds like there is metal rattling. I took it to Apple and they said that's how it is designe. It's a much larger vibrator than the other phones. Really annoying I hopr I get used to it or the end up replacing the vibrator 😟. My friend has a + and it's not nearly as loud so it makes me think it's not all phones.

Sep 21, 2014 10:07 AM in response to yeloop

I went to the apple store and they replaced my phone. I went right up to the Genius Bar and they replaced it for me. I think they actually blocked out most of the appointments for this weekend so they were clear for things like this. It is definitely a defect in some of the phones. The guy said it could be a bunch of things like a screw missing or something like that but they don't know for sure. I would suggest going in ASAP because I think they are doing replacements easily now so they can start logging all the issues.

Sep 21, 2014 12:37 PM in response to GrazzMan

The vibration on mine mine isn't really that strong when you feel it. But the buzzing noise is extremely loud. I played with some other models of the Plus at the store to compare. Some were a lot better, some were just as bad as mine. I made an appointment for this week to see if I can swap it out but I'm not too optimistic they'll have any replacements available.

Sep 21, 2014 7:06 PM in response to blueben77

Alright guys went to Apple. Spent a combined total of 4 hours over 3 trips there at Arrowhead Mall in Arizona. It took me 3 people to explain what was wrong (they shook the phone and said it was the gyro) before they put it to their ear and listened and said "ohhh that". They had a replacement on hand but they only have full box units - not the iPhone only swaps like they normally have. So, the exchange process was different and that's why it took me 4 hours - they were having technical difficulties. After all of that I still have the same phone - they have to wait until the IT is in tomorrow so they can process th swap. I played around with some display models and some are the same, some are quietER, some are very quiet. My guess is its just luck of the draw. I would honestly wait a few weeks/months until they get more replacements in and maybe Apple will identify the issue and have a fix. I'll tell you mine is wayyyyy annoying I almost want to return the phone.

Sep 22, 2014 7:32 PM in response to glen_cct

SSounds like it. Mine sounds like metal is rattling as if my phone was pressed against keys. I have a feeling this is just how iPhones +s are going to be 😟. Seens like every iteration there is stuff wrong eith the phones. Maybe we'll see s future fix. I'll just have to get used to it or turn vibrate off.

I Did speak to Apple again today. they said they should have repair parts by the end of the week and can try replacing the vibe motor for me.

iPhone 6 Plus vibration is ridiculously loud... is this normal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.