Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPrint issue iOS8

After upgrade to iOS 8 is impossible to print with network printers with my iphone 5s, anyone have the same problem? My friend with iOS7 use the network printers normally.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 10:05 AM

88 replies

Sep 24, 2014 11:50 AM in response to andreaponza

@andreaponza

What make and model printer do you have? What make and model router?

With previous iOS releases many people found that depending upon their router, they needed to turn their router, printer, and IOS device off and on to get AirPrint and AirPlay to work properly. Try turning all three off, then powering up the router and then the printer and iOS device.

Sep 24, 2014 2:27 PM in response to rbii

I Have a Samsung printer. No problems with iOS 7. Now I get incomplete sessions from both iPhone 5 and ipad air. Printer is recognized, job goes to printer and stops. Can print through Samsung mobile app on iPad (but that app is limited in what it allows to print) and also from my kindle HDX. Samsung printer is on the airprint list and there haven't been any updates for the printer. Have reset and restarted all devices. Think it's an ios 8 bug.

Sep 24, 2014 3:24 PM in response to Etomkins

Based on reports there is a problem between iOS 8 and some Samsung printers where the printer crashes trying to print.

@Etomkins: What model Samsung printer do you have?

------------------

For the unrelated problem others are having of no longer seeing your printers in iOS try power cycling your router, printer, and iOS device. Some routers are blocking Bonjour packets from newly updated iOS 8 devices. Turning the router off and then back on clears the router's tables and turning the printer and iOS device off and then back on causes these devices to get new DHCP addresses from the router. You should only have to do this once.

Sep 25, 2014 5:18 AM in response to andreaponza

Experienced the identical problem with my Samsung CLX-3305FN. Since the update to iOS8 on my iPad2, iPad mini retina, iPhone 5 and one iPhone 5s the Airprint is broken. Tried to solve this with several routines to reset and initiate the different Components in a certain sequence. None of them led to fix the problem, so don´t waste your time. It seems to me clear to be an iOS 8 issue, due to my iPad1 on iOS 5 prints without any issue using the Airprint function. A helpdesk call, support case is not answered as well as the Bug-Report I send to Apple, so it seems the problem is not fixed until now. The only thing might solve this is the next iOS 8.x release for my understanding.

Side note:

All of it is very disappointing as time consuming. You can get the impression Apple is going more and more to use the costumer as the test bench, instead of to secure basic functions are confirmed prior the release to public.

Conclusion:

In my understanding quality means really something different as something called customer appreciation too, by the way...

Sep 26, 2014 6:28 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Chris, you seem to be one of the seldom ones with the golden printer at the end of the rainbow. You can find various feeds and discussions even here in the Apple system, describing other printer brands like your HP, Brother, Canons, Dell etc. with the exact same problems and no fix.

I would not mystify simple manufacturing failures Apple did with the development of iOS8 with politics. A simple fix in the communication module of the iOS 8 network branch will make it work again. Simple as that 🙂

Sep 26, 2014 8:30 AM in response to FlairL

I've not mystified anything. I'm not trying to minimize anyone's issues. I'm telling you mine works the way that it always has. I check the router for firmware updates on a regular basis, my computer and printer are up to date on firmware as well. After updating the phone I checked and my printer works correctly. I made an observation based on the evidence presented and stated it seemed to be an issue, in this thread, for Samsung printers. If mine and others are working correctly, it cannot be surmised that it is an iOS8 issue, it is an issue for particular devices. By your opinion, I should be complaining to Apple that mine works, since it seems that something about my iOS is incorrect since it is allowing this to work. Here is Apple's AirPrint assistant link. http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/assistant/airprint/

AirPrint issue iOS8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.