Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just updated IPad 2 to IOS8 and now have no 3G service have WIFI but not 3G Says No Service at top

Just updated IPad 2 to IOS8 and now have no 3G service have WIFI but not 3G Says No Service at top

iPad 2, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 1:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 3:40 PM

I experienced the same problem after updating to IOS 8 this morning on my iPad 2. I tried a hard reset (press and hold both buttons) and it resolved the problem. 3G restored. I hope the same may work for you and others who may experience this glitch.

203 replies

Sep 20, 2014 9:24 PM in response to michaelfromhurricane

I am really sorry I upgraded so quickly to ios8.

Not only do I not have my ATT but my pics "events from mac" are in some unknow order. I have 220 folders that are not alpabetized. I cannot find any pictures.

On the Macbook Air the events are perfect, all in alphabetic order. When they transferred they are mixed. Faces are mixed now.

THis new operating system is horrible. How do I go back to 7.

And the ipad 2 is so slow now. There are no positives!

Sep 22, 2014 12:27 AM in response to michaelfromhurricane

Hello all - its been about 16 hours since I connected to iTunes and the 3G signal returned. My Ipad is now constantly connected to 3G and I'm having no further problems with signal. Having scanned a few other threads, this fix seems to work for PC and iMac users and also for the majority - have seen one reply suggesting it hasn't worked for them on a permanent basis. I'd welcome a comment from Apple about this - seems very odd!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.