Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 camera not working

I just got the iphone 6 today and my camera's are not working. All I see is a black screen and I can not take a picture. Is anyone else having this issue? Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 4:16 PM

99 replies

Jun 22, 2017 9:52 AM in response to ryanmsur

I have the same problem.. rear and front camera stopped working for no reason .. I called apple support and went to apple service but they couldn't say anything so I went to a local shop that does service and ended up that is hardware and it must be something with the Voltage of the motherboard that is stopping the flash and then flash stop the cameras .. if u don't have warranty to replace the phone with a new one ,the phone is useless and I can't do nothing..thank u apple I had more expectations from you .. I was 4 years apple user but I'm gonna change apparently.. no reason to buy again phone that has unexplained issues.

Jun 28, 2017 8:24 AM in response to ryanmsur

Yesterday i wasn't experiencing the same problem and i went and got it repaired. After being repaired the back camera came to life, but the front camera was unresponsive, the technician said it could be a circuit board problem, if you also have problems with the phone staying on( phone switches off when plugged it the apple sign comes on for a few seconds switches off then comes back on) this is a result of the camera issues

Sep 24, 2017 7:04 AM in response to Kiresh

Hey Kiresh, I had the same problem with my iPhone 6 as well. It stopped working about a month ago and yesterday just started working out of nowhere. I think you just have to wait a while because I tried everything possible even as far as contacting apple support which was a 2 hr process but it still didn’t work. If you don’t want to wait that long you can only go to the apple store and get it fixed because there’s no other way that I can think of to fix it that I haven’t already tried.

Sep 25, 2017 11:31 AM in response to ryanmsur

Hey everyone having this issue in 2017! I had this happen to me a couple of years ago and read a lot of discussion boards on it until I finally had to go into Apple. I talked to support on the phone for hours and they could never resolve the issue. When I went into Apple I told the tech guy that everything I read says I will be walking out with a new phone, he did everything he could but eventually had to give me a new phone entirely. Mine was still under warranty so it didn't cost me anything.

Sep 20, 2014 5:36 AM in response to ryanmsur

Just a little update. After messing with my camera's for awhile, they now sometimes come on, sometimes don't, and sometimes come on with a bunch of pink lines through them. Always within a few min the camera app crashes and goes black. Im hoping this is an ios 8 software problem that can be resolved with an update seeing as the nearest apple store is over an hr and a half away from here. Not to mention I have put a screen protector on my phone which is not reusable.

iphone 6 camera not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.