Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems and issues after updating to iOS 8 (iPhone 5S)

Hi!!

After updating my iPhone 5s I am facing the below issues. do anybody have any idea about how to resolve it?

1. My phone becomes very hot with a little use.

2. Battery charge is being very poor. From usage, I found most of the battery is being consumed by phone (low signal) and home lock screen. However, I found the network signal fluctuates between four and five bars which should not be a low signal I guess.

3. Previously on ios7 we had an option to enable cellular data without enabling 3G which consumed less battery power as it worked in 2G(GPRS/EDGE) network. Now in ios8 enabling cellular data enables 3G by default which consumes a huge battery power. Guess Apple didn't make a strong battery so far which can last the whole day on 3G network. Now, need a way to live the whole day with enabling cellular data on 2G only.

4. Have anyone checked the display by increasing the brightness to the highest in iphone 5S in ios8? I found all the images and backgrounds in pathetic quality and you can see your retina display is showing color gradients which horrible.

5. It costed 10% battery for my iPhone to complete this post :-(

I was very much enthusiastic with the new features of iOS8 but reality is very much frustratIng for me. Can anyone tell how to go back to iOS7 now?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 19, 2014 10:18 PM

20 replies

Sep 20, 2014 4:42 AM in response to MyBlueSky

Photo uploads from IOS 8's Safari also fail with a " no server found" error when uploading them to ebay listings or ebay messaging. I also not that web sites will no longer play embeded QuickTime streams. Try this site in your Brouwer and you will no longer see the > play symbol. yet both still work fine if you use the Chrome browser app. The site is www.memoryradio.be if you want to test it. Also everything still works fine in the last IOS 7.1.2. Fails IOS 8 on all iDevices. So it seems a Safari problem. Even tried to upload image from this reply page and it will not work on IOS 8 Safari either.

Sep 20, 2014 4:23 PM in response to It_caveman

Having the same problem with an iPad 3rd generation wifi cellular. Websites especially ones that offer productivity allow users select file where an image can be inserted followed by take a photo then upload immediately or retake the picture. This is used everywhere. Example a picture of a skin condition is uploaded into a medical record. I have tried Chrome as an alternative and the browser crashes. Using my iPhone 5s the image is visible, but not uploaded. Any suggestions?

Sep 20, 2014 4:34 PM in response to CoreDev1

For saving battery turn off location services for anything that is not absolutely needed. Also keep unused Apps closed when done. Chrome was the only thing that worked for me but I know it's buggy as well. Until they (Apple) can fix Safari you might try one or two of the other browsers available from, the App Store to get you by for now. I am sure glad I did not update my iPad mini R. My iPad 2 and my iPhone 5 are barely working since the IOS 8 update.

Sep 24, 2014 1:02 PM in response to MyBlueSky

Hi folks I have the same issue, I have 5S and after upgrade to iOS8 my battery drains in 2 hours. I found that if switch off Location services, WIFI, BT and Celular data it works pretty good. But when you are in "4 sticks of GSM service" area it heats and lives 1 hour especially if you talk. I've lost my bussiness call because of that. This is really a bug. Cause it wasn't happen on iOS7. Hope Apple is working on it.

Oct 5, 2014 9:27 AM in response to MyBlueSky

My current phone is not working. The iOS 8 update has made my phone go from a joy to have to something I want to throw away. I would like to uninstall my update and go back to loving my Iphone again. Can you please help? I've sent numerousmessages with no response. I'm trying to stay loyal to Apple however if your only suggestion is to purchase another phone it might not be an Apple product anymore. I'm offering an opportunity to save a client who has multiple Apple products.

Problems and issues after updating to iOS 8 (iPhone 5S)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.