Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8 : Problems & Issues

Hi All,

Please add your issue/problem/difficulty with iOS8 on your iDevice. Please hit "I have this question too" if you find similar problems on your device and request others to do the same.

List of issues: iOS8

1. Miserable battery life.

2. No option to choose 2G network.

3. Excessive heating problem. Becomes very hot with a little use.

4. Display(flickering and color gradient) issue if the brightness is increased to the highest level.

5. Safari crashes frequently.

6. Safari gets the maximum usage of battery though I closed/terminated it from multitasking menu.

#iOS8Problems&Issues

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 20, 2014 1:05 AM

132 replies

Sep 20, 2014 1:08 AM in response to MyBlueSky

1. Not seeing that (you can possibly check settings - general - usage - battery usage, and see which apps are draining your battery).

2. This is an option controlled by your carrier.

3. Not seeing this.

4. Not seeing this (but I don't turn my brightness all the way up.

5. Not seeing it.

6. My major battery drain is caused by the Moves App.

- If you performed the upgrade over the air, you may consider backing up your device and restoring to factory settings using iTunes in case there was a problem with the ota update.

Sep 20, 2014 1:16 AM in response to ssschmidt

Thanks for the reply.

Done the following to resolve the issues I faced:

- Restore with iTunes for 4 times.

- Checked battery usage as mentioned in the previous post: 6. Safari gets the maximum usage of battery though I closed/terminated it from multitasking menu.

- My iPhone 5S is a factory unlocked phone. Did not receive any carrier update which removed the option of toggling 2G/3G. It was fine with iOS 7.1.2 two days back and I found other people are also facing the same issue with iOS8.

- Did not perform OTA update. Updated through iTunes and later restored several times.

Sep 20, 2014 6:09 AM in response to MyBlueSky

I recently updated my iPhone 5S to ios8 and not I seem to be having trouble with my iMessaging. When I am in a group chat my iMessage will work but after awhile it switches to SMS even though my iMessage is activated and I can't switch it back. I have tried turning it off and on again and it doesn't work. Also sometimes when I just send one person a text over iMessage it changes it to SMS and I can't change it back. I would really like this update if my iMessage would just work! Also it seems that since I sent one person an SMS instead of an iMessage that it is no longer allowing me to send the message as an iMessage.

Sep 20, 2014 6:20 AM in response to Lincdunn

Thanks a lot for adding your issue.

However, do you use any other apple devices? Have you updated your icloud settings while updating to iOS 8? If so accept the settings change on your other apple devices. You can also try reset all settings of your phone.

On the other hand, you can give a try by restoring your phone with iTunes. Hope your problem resolves soon 🙂

Sep 20, 2014 6:48 AM in response to MyBlueSky

My battery drains very fast (100% to zero in about 4 hours with minimal usage), started happening right after I upgraded to iOS 8. Issue started happening both on my iPhone 5S and on my iPad Air after iOS 8 upgrade.

I am also having bluetooth issues on my iPhone 5S, the bluetooth sync in my car behaves very weirdly after I link it up with my phone. It tries to call one of my contacts and then hangs up. It goes in this loop for ever.

Also just regular music playback on the phone does not work. Tried playing music several times, the music keeps cutting in and out (seems to jump between iPhone and iPhone speakers)...

Find my iPhone app does not save my login credentials... have to enter my password every time I open the app....

Is anyone at Apple even looking at these issues ??

Sep 20, 2014 6:50 AM in response to raghuseeth1

And I have tried everything I could think of

For battery issue:

soft reset, hard reset, turning off location services, turning off handoff, reducing brightness of screen, not looking for wi-fi etc...

For Bluetooth issues:

Deleting the bluetooth link and Re-establishing the bluetooth link, resetting network settings, restarting the car system, hard and soft reset of phone

Nothing works... definitely an iOS 8 issue....

iOS 8 : Problems & Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.