Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sync music anymore with iOS 8. All disappeared.

Okay, I just updated my iPhone 4s to iOS 8 two days ago. Today, I wanted to put more music from my iTunes in my PC. Note that my iTunes in PC is recently updated. When I started syncing my new music, it won't work. When I start playing a song in my phone, won't work too. Almost all disappeared. From having 664 songs, I have 16 left. Please help. I want my music back.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 20, 2014 12:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2014 5:02 AM

same problem here. i guess we have to wait for a fix in itunes or ios.

191 replies

Sep 21, 2014 9:20 AM in response to koDiacc

Same thing was happening to me on iOS 8.0 with iPhone 6 Plus 128. Three hours and no go. Slept on it and this morning I remembered that this seems a problem with every major iOS release and remembered what I was told to do then. So there's what I did and now everything is fine on all of my devices with regard to synching. Go to Setting-General-(bottom of the page) Reset-Reset Network Settings-Device Passcode-Reset Network Settings. Let the device do that and restart. Try again this should clear the problem. Up until this point the device and iTunes didn't even know each other from Adam. By this I mean that the amount of space available between device and iTunes and device itself was all messed up. Now everything is running smoothly. What does Network Settings have to do with anything, I have no clue just know it worked. Good luck. You'll have to retype your WiFi password after doing this.

Sep 21, 2014 9:30 AM in response to Manuel Rivera-Ortiz

i'll try this.

if you look on twitter a lot of people having this problem with sycning music.

//nope. didn't work for me. would be strange too, i dont think its something connected to network settings.

its cool how everybody comes up with a different approach to solve this 😉

//UPDATE2:

Nice. It seems to work now? HAHA 😀 nice. Thank you. !!!

HAHA. I'll check again but right now its transfering music

Sep 22, 2014 2:27 AM in response to ShatterStar

I Also have the sync greyed out. I've tried the reset network setting and tried via cable and wi fi. I think this problem stems from accepting iCloud Drive when I upgraded to ios8. Does this make a change to the iTunes account and therefore stops all devices syncing?. I updated my iPad first but from then on I couldn't sync any of my devices through iTunes, even my old iphone 4 which is on ios7. I now seem to have no way of putting selected photos from iphoto onto my iPad through iTunes and the ones that were there before the upgrade cannot be deleted! Seriously frustrated and I won't be able to upgrade to Yosemite so looks as if Apple have conned me into making my MacBook pro useless!

Sep 22, 2014 5:21 AM in response to ShatterStar

Hey guys, it's me.

AND I HAVE SOLVED THE PROBLEM.

IF you still can't sync, do this.

Connect your phone to iTunes via USB

Go to Settings>General>Usage>Manage>Then delete all music (make sure none is left)

Now in your iTunes, go to music then UNCHECK "Sync Music", then click apply.

After that, CHECK the box to "Sync Music" again, from this, all your music will come back, took me a while though because +650 music.

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SUGGESTIONS TOO!

Sep 22, 2014 12:58 PM in response to ShatterStar

I did do what you said but for some weird reason my phone keeps 9 songs - which can't be deleted for whatever reason - and when I uncheck the sync music button and click apply, itunes by itself checks it again and starts adding songs again. I am so angry right now. Adding songs manually doesn't work either - hasn't for ages tbh. Only work around I found was adding songs to a playlist and then syncing the playlist but not even that is working properly anymore. I'm at a loss. 😟

Edit: and the number of songs it synces changes constantly without me doing anything. >:(

Sep 22, 2014 2:36 PM in response to ShatterStar

I also have this problem with 128 iphone 6 plus. Twice I have deleted all music from iphone in settings, then sync. The first sync after wiping all music is always successful (1502 songs). A second sync and music library is still intact/playable on phone. From the third sync on, iTunes randomly deletes some tracks (all songs not purchased thru iTunes). If I sync again, any missing tracks I have tried to play will be restored and it randomly deletes others. I also synced music after a clean ios8 restore (without restoring from a backup), thinking an ios7 setting might be the cause. Exact same symptoms. The same iTunes music library syncs to my ipad air (also running ios8) with no problem. Very frustrating indeed. I'm off to the "Genius" bar to see if they can help. At least lots of people are talking about this problem now, so hopefully a solution will emerge....

Sep 22, 2014 2:55 PM in response to ShatterStar

Thank you, it worked for me. I did a reboot of iphone6 and my MAC after it was synching with the "Sync Music" option removed and got hung up. After the reboot contunued with a fresh synch with "Sync Music" checked. All music synched into iphone6. Before any of this I had reset the Network settings that another poster had suggested. Thanks all of you!

Sep 22, 2014 7:46 PM in response to ShatterStar

Hey guys,

Having the same issue for two days now with my 128GB iPhone 6. Syncing 84GB playlist, and heres what seemed to worked.

1. Turn off Sync Over Wifi
  2. Plug in via cable
  3. Uncheck sync music
  4. Sync
  5. Disconnect
  6. On the iPhone, sign out of iCloud
  7. Reset Network Settings on the iPhone as well
  8. Quit iTunes ( force quit to make sure)
  9. Restart iTunes
  10. Put phone in Airplane mode and turn wifi off
  11. Plug in iPhone again
  12. Check sync music
  13. Sync.

This is a combination of all the solutions that I read worked for others, but no one solution worked for me. This only worked when I combined all solutions. My educated guess? iCloud is the issue. That is based off the fact that I tried every combination of the other solutions that did not include iCloud, and this did not work until I added the iCloud to the steps. Turning off iCloud by itself did not help though...

Can't sync music anymore with iOS 8. All disappeared.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.