Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: iPhone 6 bluetooth not working correctly with Nissan

My wife and I each have a Nissan Pathfinder (mine a 2014, hers a 2013). We have always had out iPhones pairs to them, but the iPhone 6 is not working correctly. The phones pair, but there is no audio (in or out) during phone calls, the screen in the car does not show a call was initiated when dialing out, and the Answer and Disconnect buttons on the steering wheel are not working. We have restarted both phones, restarted the car, deleted the pairing and re-paired. Nothing works. Is anyone else having this problem? This is a HUGE problem and it needs to be fixed ASAP (I am hoping through a phone firmware upgrade).

I also noticed that my Jabra headset I use at my desk (although it works for calls), loses the functionality of the single answer/disconnect button. I am assuming this is the same issue to either the bluetooth radio hardware to firmware. I have only seen one page on the net talking about this to date. Any hep is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on

Sep 20, 2014 8:11 AM in response to New Jersey Jason In response to New Jersey Jason

Have you tried to remove any previous phones you've paired previously with the cars? This often solves pairing issues.

I just paired two iPhone 6 64gb phones to our two cars (Mercedes E350) and the first thing I did was tell the Mercedes to forget the previous iPhone. Then I paired them and all functions operate normally.

Sep 20, 2014 8:11 AM

Reply Helpful

Sep 20, 2014 11:15 AM in response to New Jersey Jason In response to New Jersey Jason

Similar issue here.. I have paired numerous iPhones/android/etc to my Rover bluetooth. For some reason, my iPhone 6 connection goes in and out constantly. Cant listen to one song without it cutting out.

Given all the Bluetooth issues on the boards today, I think there may be a software bug in the Bluetooth stack.

Sep 20, 2014 11:15 AM

Reply Helpful

Sep 20, 2014 12:52 PM in response to New Jersey Jason In response to New Jersey Jason

I Guess I'm just lucky then. Both phones are working perfectly with both cars. In another thread on this subject, a Fiat owner was having similar issues. An employee of Fiat wrote in that Fiat was going to need to release a patch for iOS8.

IF anyone is not getting a good pairing, they should contact the car manufacturer to see if they have a resolution.

Sep 20, 2014 12:52 PM

Reply Helpful

Sep 20, 2014 12:58 PM in response to rbrylawski In response to rbrylawski

I'm pretty sure the onus isnt on car manufactures to supply a patch ;-) As others have noted, iphones / androids / bberry have all worked fine. A new phone is released and now there is a bug. I dont think car makers need to find a way to work with Iphone 6 ;-)

Apple will issue a patch.. in the developer forums, 8.01 has already been released to the carriers for testing

Sep 20, 2014 12:58 PM

Reply Helpful

Sep 20, 2014 1:05 PM in response to PMurphy In response to PMurphy

You can wait if you want.. I was just saying Fiat has evidently recognized THEIR software doesn't play well with iOS8 and will offer their customers a fix. And I have two Mercedes that do play perfectly fine with iOS8, so that's why I thought it wouldn't hurt for someone to check with their car company.

Sep 20, 2014 1:05 PM

Reply Helpful

Sep 21, 2014 2:34 PM in response to New Jersey Jason In response to New Jersey Jason

I had this problem too on my new iPhone 6 and honda accord. After deleting and reinstalling my phone on the car as well as forgetting on the device several times i did a reset meaning i held down the home button and restart button on side of phone then i reinstalled device. it seems to be working now

Sep 21, 2014 2:34 PM

Reply Helpful

Sep 21, 2014 5:52 PM in response to New Jersey Jason In response to New Jersey Jason

I Just bought a 2015 rogue SL and have a iPhone 5s that has been updated to iOS 8.0 and I have the exact same problem. It will not allow the functions to work. My iPhone will pair just fine with my rogue, but no audio and exact same problems you are experiencing. This is sooooo annoying that older version iphones will work, but new ones won't. I want to know if it's a Nissan problem or apple problem.... What is even more confusing is the General manager over the dealership has a iPhone 5s and has iOS 8.0 and his worked fine. Only difference is has carrier is Verizon and I have AT&T. Why carrier would make a difference I'm not sure, but I know AT&T is not going to do a dang thang if it's on their end. I sure wish someone could figure out a solution to this. I have not yet tried resetting my network setting as yet, but might give that a try. My contacts would not download either fm my phone to my rogue. I deleted the devise and forgot the rogue on my phone and tried this several times. It would always pair just fine and tell me it was connected, just won't work once connected. I can't make nor receive any calls. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Brand new car and can't use the phone features.....

Sep 21, 2014 5:52 PM

Reply Helpful

Sep 22, 2014 8:14 AM in response to callgms In response to callgms

I have problems with iphone 6 and my BMW Mobridge aftermarket and an 2013 Audi Q5. I am able to to pair the phone with the car but can't make or receive phone calls.I tried resetting the network settings on the phone as well as in the car but no luck.

Sep 22, 2014 8:14 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: New Jersey Jason

Question: iPhone 6 bluetooth not working correctly with Nissan