Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

music syncing problems iPhone 6

I have 128 gig iPhone 6 and I am trying to sync a 80 gig music library to it. The sync process gets hung on "Waiting for changes to be applied". I am syncing on a a 128 macbook pro with retina display and my iTunes library is on external hard drive.

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 20, 2014 8:31 AM

75 replies

Sep 20, 2014 8:36 AM in response to Craig_03

I have kind of the same problem too. I got the same 128GB iPhone 6. When i try to sync my music it will go through the syncing but without copying my music. I have 14GB of music selected and only 24 songs were copied.

I tried to deselect "sync music" in iTunes, but these 24 songs stay on there and when I try to delete my whole music library though the iPhones Settings, the Settings App crashes.

hope someone can help us soon!

Sep 20, 2014 10:45 AM in response to Craig_03

SAME issue (I have 128 gig iPhone 6 with iOS 8). I manually manage my music and such using Windows 7... When I drag music files from my PC to the phone in iTunes, the songs appear on the phone (in iTunes) with grayed out text and a dotted circle to the left. SOMETIMES it will copy songs and other times it won't. That is, sometimes the dotted circle will fill/rotate and the song text becomes black (instead of grayed out) and the song is copied to phone. Other times the text just stays grayed out with a dotted circle and the songs never get copied to phone! Because of this, I can't select all music and easily copy them to phone... Instead I have to go album by album to ensure each one copies, fix the ones that don't (by trying and trying again then deleting the grayed out entries) and so on... I hope they fix it!

Sep 20, 2014 11:44 AM in response to Craig_03

I was just on phone with them for 45 minutes as well.... I first bought apple care for the phone (and it was registered)... then I described the issue, tested it with her on the phone many times, and I couldn't recreate the issue! Even though I was having the issue many times earlier it seems to work now... We'll see... strange... the only other new piece of info I could think of in my case is when I had the issue I was copying music from my C drive via a Windows folder into my phone in iTunes, and my regular library on iTunes is in my R drive. Actually, she asked me to first copy from my iTunes library in iTunes to the phone in iTunes (instead of from windows folder to phone in iTunes). So... I tried what she suggested and it worked. I said, but the other way didn't work (instead of itunes library to itunes phone.... I mean it didn't work from windows folder to itunes phone). I then tried folder to phone and it worked... Perhaps moving from the library in iTunes to the phone in iTunes fixed it????

Sep 20, 2014 12:12 PM in response to Mike in Tampa Bay

well, I just tried copying about 40 or so albums... I encountered the issue again with 1 album... Some of the items in that album were grayed out and didn't copy. I deleted them off the iphone and tried again and it worked...

in this case above, I tried copying everything from within itunes (from itunes library to itunes iphone 6)

Sep 20, 2014 2:50 PM in response to Craig_03

I FIGURED ONE SOLUTION OUT! I have spent the better part of my Saturday trying to get my new iPhone 6 to sync with my gigantic iTunes library. It also got stuck in the process no matter what solutions from this forum I tried. Then I remembered an old work-around for missing album cover art and I tried it--voila! All my music loaded on the iPhone 6. Here's what you do:

1. remove ALL music from your new iPhone by unchecking "Sync Music" box.

2. Sync phone (it should remove all songs); even if it gets hung up on the last step, you should see all songs removed.

3. Restart iTunes and iPhone.

4. Select "Sync Music" box and songs/playlists etc you want.

5. Select "Sync."

This should do the trick. Mine is loading 8K songs right now after nearly twelve hours of trying to get it to work. Hope it works for you.

Sep 20, 2014 5:11 PM in response to Pdgog

Something similar worked for me, too, but there are a couple of different steps I took:

1. Clicked on iTunes Store in iTunes

2. Go into your account (click email address)

3. Click manage devices and deauthorize old iPhone (I traded mine in)

4. Click remove ALL music by unchecking Sync Music, then re-checked it right away again

5. Click Sync

It's currently syncing more than it has up to this point. Hope it goes all the way through the library.

music syncing problems iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.