Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice Memos Issues After IOS 8 Upgrade

After upgrading to IOS 8 on my iPhone 5s, the majority of my voice memos are missing and the ones that remain no longer have titles or even play back on my phone. Any ideas?

Thanks.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 20, 2014 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2014 8:58 PM

Mine disappeared too. The ones I recorded after the upgrade will not sync with iTunes. The rest of the sync process works, I just can't get the voice memos in my phone to the iTunes playlist. The files are too large to email so I'm stuck.

Help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

iPhone 5, iOS 8

69 replies

Sep 22, 2014 7:28 AM in response to BDF111

I called Apple yesterday. The rep was sympathetic to the concern but had no answer. She tried to blame it on the length of time since the last iCloud backup but I explained to her that it wasn't a back up issue. It's an issue with the transition to the new IOS. Everything else translated fine. The voice memos that still exist on the phone aren't even labeled correctly nor do they have the correct dates. Further, they were voice memos that were previously deleted. I'm praying that Apple is able to offer a fix for this bug.

Sep 25, 2014 10:18 AM in response to pcdesai

The funny part is, I did open a trouble ticket with Apple Care and the initial answer is they have not received any such query so far on iOS 8 upgrade loosing voice memos. They pointed me to link from some post suggesting to use iExplore which did not show any missing memos from the backup.

I also started noticing randomly other information missing such as shortcuts from Keyboard settings etc. Not sure what more I will loose. My brother copies voice memos physically before doing any updates (wise thing that I missed on and trusted too much on upgrade an iTunes)

Sep 28, 2014 2:00 AM in response to BDF111

I have the same problem too.2 problems so far, after upgraded to IOS8. The voice memo app is not stable, sometime it can't be open at all or it will automatically stop in the mid of recording. Second, seem like iTunes do not sync all the voice memo into it. I have more than 20 voice memos recorded but always (tried many times), it only sync 4 of them. Not due to recording length, these 4 are one of the lengthiest among all, more than an hour. But other with 20mins, does not even sync into ITunes.

Hope Apple able to solve this ASAP.

Sep 28, 2014 6:26 AM in response to BDF111

having similar problems here! Recorded a bunch of friends bands at a festival yesterday for them (5) and none of them show up on my computer?

luckily four of the recordings are small enough to email, but one isn't and it's one long track so can't even split it up! Hope it's not stuck on my phone forever!

anyone (Apple employees, or otherwise got any suggestions) never had a problem with this before!

im guessing it's a software upgrade issue, either that or its u2's fault, it's probably u2's fault!!!

Sep 28, 2014 11:25 AM in response to BDF111

I was able to recover my voice memos, though the original titles are gone.

I opened my Voice Memos app like everyone else and I saw each memo quickly deleting and acting glitchy. I then connected my iPhone to my macbook so I could attempt to restore the backup I had made before the ios8 update. It said it couldn't be done because there wasn't enough room. However, when I opened my memos app again, the voice recordings were there! I can't verify if it's all of them but I'm grateful I was able to recover some.

I use this app to record lyrics on the go and I'd really like Apple to step up and fix this.

Voice Memos Issues After IOS 8 Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.