Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Car Bluetooth Connectivity Issue with iPhone 6

Just got the iPhone 6 on Friday -- very exciting! But I can't get the phone to connect to my Mini Countryman's bluetooth. The phone will detect the car's bluetooth signal, and says it's connected, but calls aren't audible via the car stereo system, but rather the phone itself. And if I don't turn the bluetooth off, my car thinks I'm on a call and the radio won't work.

It's frustrating because this feature use to work with my 5s. A friend of mine is having the same issue in his car. And I've seen others complain about this -- seems like an Apple issue. Not sure though.

Posted on Sep 21, 2014 11:55 AM

133 replies

Sep 21, 2014 1:39 PM in response to bwisotsky

Seems to be an ongoing issue. My 5S WITH IOS 8 had no problems with my 2014 Land Rover. Now that I have the iPhone 6, the music works but can't place or receive calls. Tried deleting/re-pairing, anything you can imagine and still the phone portion won't work. The iPhone 6 iPod part has no problems but calls, not happening.

Issue: Phone pairs, but displays "no network" on vehicle. Spoke with Land Rover and said what I already knew, it's an Apple issue

Sep 21, 2014 2:14 PM in response to bwisotsky

I've just been in my car (ford focus with sony audio system) so I can tell you that I solved the problem in this way:

- deleted pairing in the car memory and in the phone, too

- turned on the audio system

- turned on the iphone bluetooth

- paired iphone and the audio system...

The car system started working in a strange way... so I went on in this way:

with the car audio system on I turned off the iphone keeping the iphone bluetooth on

- turned on the iphone (with the car audio system on)

The car audio system recognized the iphone and now It works good...

Sep 22, 2014 6:38 AM in response to bwisotsky

I was able to connect my iPhone 6 to my Kendwood aftermarket DNX6120, but it cuts in & out quite a bit while connected. This use to happen to my iPhone 4 until Apple made some changes - iPhone 5 never had any issues, but it looks like they are back again with iPhone 6 - my firmware is up to date. works fine still with my wifes iPhone 5c -

Hopefully this will come out soon in a patch - not much of a radio fan for music - always use my iPhone 😟

Sep 22, 2014 7:24 PM in response to DVD80

Ya no DVD80 that did not work. It's a hardware or software issue with Apple. This issue with the new iPhone 6 is found on several forums. I've tried everything there is and still "no network" in my car.

Apple is aware of this problem with the new phone and "hopes" to have it resolved........HOPES?? Um, ya fix it now please!!!!!!

Sep 22, 2014 7:44 PM in response to bwisotsky

I have the same problem and tried everything.

Iphone 5s, IOS 8, paired OK on subaru outback 2011 . Tried also on Motorola Roadster.

I did :

1. reset Network seetings

2. rebuild the phone as new (reset) in IOS 8

3. deleted from bluetooth devices and repaired

The phone connects but when I make calls no sound on bluetooth speaker.

I am very disappointed and I think this is a major issue.I am not sure if is a hardware issue or software issue.

Tried another Iphone 4, IOS 7.1.2 and works fine, there is no issue.

Sep 23, 2014 9:49 AM in response to Dan Chang

I have the same problem in my Ford Mustang with sync.

iOS 8 or the iPhone 6 seems to be the issue. Not sure which but this problem seems to becoming more widespread. I have tried everything short of a full restore. I might try it, because if that doesn't work I am going to get Apple to swap the phone out. Not happy. This is a huge feature that is problematic (not to mention all the airplay issues).

Sep 23, 2014 8:13 PM in response to bwisotsky

I did what ever everyone suggested, reset all setting, reset network setting, deleting from car memory. It's works fine after you reset it and reconnect to the car with fresh new connection at first, but after I power the phone off and turn it back on, boom the problem comes back. It's got to be a IOS 8 issue. I did this 3 times and I am getting sick and tired of it so I am going to restore and set up as a new iPhone from Itune and wait and see how Apple is going to fix this issue.

I have 3 cars and the Bluetooth is having the same issue on all of them, work first then no more even with the suggest tricks. I hate my iPhone 6 now.😠 😠

2011 Lexus ES

2011 Subaru STI

2012 Mercedes E350

Oh I forget to mention, My wife's iPhone 5 with IOS 8 have no issue at all with all 3 of the car. Only my iPhone 6.

Oh I forget to mention, My wife's iPhone 5 with IOS 8 have no issue at all with all 3 of the car. Only my iPhone 6.

Sep 24, 2014 12:23 AM in response to bwisotsky

Having the same problem with my 2011 Lexus Rx350 -- music streaming works fine, but cannot receive or place calls thru the car Thru Bluetooth. Was not a problem on other iPhones or android devices.. Tried several troubleshooting attempts to no avail, including resetting settings, setting up iPhone as new, and deleting all phones from the car. Tries a few times in different orders. This is a serious inconvenience! am thinking about returning my phone and going back to my android unless Apple has a fix soon!

Sep 24, 2014 5:51 AM in response to DVD80

My initial setup was to restore the 6 from my 5S backup. Tried resetting network settings and deleting/pairing the phone multiple times. I have not wiped the phone and setup as new, but it looks like that won't help.

I found that Siri works fine, but the phone app doesn't. My stereo doesn't support the streaming stereo profile A2DP, just hands-free/headset. Thank goodness for that auxiliary jack. I also use the Automatic bluetooth app and it has trouble staying connected.

I have been using iOS 8 on my 5S since June without any issues, so I'm willing to bet it is a driver issue with the 6's hardware. I'm sure a fix is in the works.

And, for those of you who are new here, threats to Apple aren't going to go anywhere on a user forum...

Car Bluetooth Connectivity Issue with iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.