Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

usb connectivity in car not working after ios 8 update

Hi,

I can no longer access music on my iPhone 5 via the USB connectivity in my 2014 Chrysler 300 since I updated to ios 8. Before the update this feature was operating without any issues.

Is this happening to anyone else? If so is Apple aware of this issue?

iPhone 5, iOS 8, USB connectivity

Posted on Sep 21, 2014 1:48 PM

160 replies

Apr 30, 2017 5:42 PM in response to niah777

I had the same problem with my iPhone 6S and 2014 Hyundai Elantra.

Turn your vehicle off.

Turn your iPhone off.

Plug the iPhone into the USB port - do not turn the phone on.

Start the vehicle.

The phone will power on by itself after the vehicle has started.

The vehicle should recognize the phone and you should be able to play your music.

Please share this if it works for you.

Apr 30, 2017 5:44 PM in response to niah777

I had the same problem with my iPhone 6S and 2014 Hyundai Elantra.

Turn your vehicle off.

Turn your iPhone off.

Plug the iPhone into the USB port - do not turn the phone on.

Start the vehicle.

The phone will power on by itself after the vehicle has started.

The vehicle should recognize the phone and you should be able to play your music.

Please share this if it works for you.

Sep 24, 2014 12:31 AM in response to niah777

After updating to iOS8 on my iPhone 5, it no longer connects to my radio system in my Chevrolet Equinox. I am also having problems with my Bluetooth system being able to answer and terminate calls on my iPhone. I also got an iPhone 6 and it has the same problem. I called Apple support and they said it was a problem with the vehicle's firmware being outdated. I called Chevrolet and they said they do not do firmware updates. Thanks Apple.

Sep 24, 2014 8:24 AM in response to niah777

2013 Dodge Charger with UConnect 8.4, with iPhone 5. Same issue. Before I updated to iOS8, my phone worked flawlessly via the USB port. Now, nothing. My Bluetooth seems to be working fine, it's just the USB connection that is totally lost. Note, I took an iPhone 5 iOS7 and plugged it in and it worked fine, as it should. Please, stop giving us this is a problem with the vehicle, it's not, it's an iOS8 issue.

Sep 24, 2014 4:47 PM in response to niah777

Same thing here. I have a aftermarket Sony receiver that would allow me to control my music via the stereo controls when connected to USB. Now my iPhone 5 running iOS 8 just seems to confuse my stereo. Even manually trying to control the music from the iPhone causes issues. No firmware updates available for my stereo. Never have either.

Sep 24, 2014 4:58 PM in response to niah777

I am having the same issue. I have a Tacoma 2014 with Entune. I got the iphone 6 and ever since I can not connect to my truck. Not for music or phone. IT doesn't catch the Bluetooth at all. This is a BIG downfall to the new phone/update. I read another thread that says to go to Cellular Data and turn off LTE and it should work but I haven't tried it yet as I am still at work.

If there is a solution please share! APPLE PLEASE FIX!

Sep 25, 2014 5:18 AM in response to mellieshine

I was a bit hesitant to Reset All Settings but it actually worked! I read your post late last night and made the decision to follow your solution. While it was a bit of a pain to reconnect Bluetooth, Wifi passwords, sign back into iTunes Match, Reset Home and Lock screens, etc., it worth it. I am once again able to control my music through my car stereo as I was able to before updating to iOS 8.0. Thanks.

usb connectivity in car not working after ios 8 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.