Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Bluetooth issue

I can't pair my iPhone 6 with the audio unit of my 2009 Acura. The unit does not even show up under pairable devices. Called the dealer and was told those head units are not updatable, I.e, the firmwear is fixed. WTH! Does Apple expect me to buy a new car every time I get a new iPhone?

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 12:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 12:27 PM

try this it worked for my 2012 toyota camry. settings- general- reset- reset all settings also remove all pairings from your car and your phone and see if it makes any difference to your ability to pair your new device.

73 replies

Sep 22, 2014 12:39 PM in response to radical24

I have the iPhone 5 and it does pair, but unable to make or rcv calls thru my bluetooth connected in my car. It was working fine before ios8 but curiously my wifes' 5c is fine and when I erased my phone and tested it without reinstating my back up it was fine. Once I restored from my backup the problem came back again.

So you think resetting all settings will work for that?

Sep 22, 2014 12:56 PM in response to Krakor

since resetting settings is relatively minimal intrusion the the phone and its data it is worth a try. It worked for me but that does not mean it will work for everyone. i did try erasing all pervious pairings on the phone and car system but that did not work at all for me. resetting settings did the trick and works just fine now.

Sep 22, 2014 2:12 PM in response to radical24

This seemed to fix a few other things I was not aware of. Now I have the weather back on the notification screen and my camera roll pictures all back. I didn't realize I was missing a few.

But having said that after doing a backup I noticed that the weather is gone again from the notification screen. Hmmmm... Strange.

Sep 22, 2014 7:59 PM in response to akadmon

Same thing here... Must be the OS8. My 5S worked great with Ford Sync. I switched up to the 6 Plus, only to have the bluetooth cut off all phone conversations to Sync. The phone stays on the call, but it disconnects Sync. Just says "call ended" even though we are still talking.

Went back to my 5S, and now (After OS8 upgrade) the 5S doesn't connect properly for the phone. Oddly enough, I can stream bluetooth musac from the phone with no problems.

Sep 23, 2014 6:28 AM in response to radical24

Ok I lost the Bluetooth connectivity again! I reset the settings as you suggested and that worked however when I input all my settings again and backup to iTunes i had the same issue again. Music works fine but phone calls don't work again.

Couldn't it be an iTunes issues? Or is there settings that if changed cause this issue?

Sep 23, 2014 8:07 AM in response to akadmon

this did it for me....

1. 1) Log out of icloud on the iphone – SETTINGS, ICLOUD, SIGN OUT (AT BOTTOM)
  2. 2) Delete car/headset from iphone – SETTINGS, BLUETOOTH, SELECT DEVICE, FORGET THIS DEVICE
  3. 3) Reset network connections – SETTINGS, GENERAL, RESET, RESET NETWORK SETTINGS
  4. 4) Delete iphone from car memory
  5. 5) Restart phone
  6. 6) Pair to car/headset as normal
  7. 7) Log back into icloud to use icloud features

All done!

Sep 23, 2014 10:49 AM in response to vistec

i just followed vistec's instruction. it works afterwards. icloud may have something to do with bluetooth functions. you're able to transfer contact/picture and other info stored in icloud via air drop (bluetooth). this i just my guess.

in any case, i'll give it a torture test later today and see if it holds up.

just fyi, i have a 2013 vw passat with rns510 system.

iPhone 6 Bluetooth issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.