Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does Siri bluetooth connection in 2008 Toyota Prius with iOS 8 terminate outgoing call with message "call terminated by network" on Prius screen

Since installing iOS 8 , we can't get Siri to make outgoing calls with the Prius Bluetooth. Incoming calls work, but we get a message on the Prius screen, "call terminated by network" whenever we tell Siri to call out. She will recognize who we're calling, but as soon as the dialing starts, we get the call terminated message.

Any similar experience or ideas?

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 1:15 PM

221 replies

Sep 24, 2014 6:37 PM in response to Grandpastu

Yes, exact same problem and car. I deleted the pairing and started again, but that still doesn't work. Calls made from the dashboard, or the phone work fine — only fail when I use Siri to initiate the call. This kills hands free for me, a serious issue as I often need to be on conference calls while commuting.

I've been using the phone (and it's predecessors) successfully right up until the iOS 8 update, so there is an absolute cause and effect here.

Sep 29, 2014 4:49 PM in response to Grandpastu

Exact same problem with 2007 Lexus (Toyota made) ES350. I turned off Siri and had the same problem with direct voice dialing via pushing the button. I have done the deleting on both phone and vehicle- same problem. No issues till IOS 8. (8.02). After hours of obsessively trying to fix, I did notice a few issues:

1) on occasion, the phone takes over the entire navigation system screen which the Bluetooth is combined with and I have to manually hang up.

2) On occasion the phone interface on the car show the Bluetooth the connection with 3 bars, but say "out of range".

Last oddity- late yesterday night after deleting all Bluetooth devices from the phone and vehicle Bluetooth registration profile, I did make several successful calls through Siri. This morning back to the same problem. Call terminated by network.

I hope this bug will be recognized and addressed by Apple quickly. I can connect with a a ten year old Motorola but not with my iPhone 6 Plus. BTW I tried this with an updated 5S as well as an iPhone 6 and they all have the same problem -So the problem isn't the individual phone or vehicle.

Sep 30, 2014 3:26 PM in response to Grandpastu

Hi Everyone -- FYI, I am actively working with someone at Apple about this problem. I had to escalate it to 4 people to get a response besides "Lexus needs to upgrade their firmware". But now they are actively having their engineers look into this. Yesterday, I spent about 20 minutes on the phone answering approximately 30 questions about when this happens, what I've tried doing to correct the problem (disabling wifi, location services, etc), etc. etc. They want to know my car's firmware version and if it's upgradable, so I am waiting for a response from my Lexus dealer about that. I keep reminding them to check this forum, that this problem is not just impacting me but others as well. I will keep you posted on any progress that's being made.

Oct 1, 2014 10:37 PM in response to Grandpastu

I've had about 6-10 phones, iPhone, Android, Windows mobile and plain old cell and never had any problem until IOS8. So I am reading my car needs upgrading. Here say but sounds like an answer I heard at the Genius bar. This is distressing and absurd. Enough people have to make Apple aware as there must be a quick fix for this. Don't stop writing and if you move back, you'll never get another phone from Apple. Let's be heard!

Oct 3, 2014 8:10 AM in response to Grandpastu

As posted earlier, I have been working with a Senior staff member at Apple who is actively communicating with their programmers regarding this problem. At this point, it's clear they know they have a BIG problem with iOS8 and car systems. It's not just Prius, or Lexus....it's numerous car manufacturers. My Lexus dealer told me I was the 58th call they received about this problem....and that's just at ONE dealer! Still, the Apple staffer said it wouldn't hurt for all of you posting here to call Apple support. The more complaints they get, the higher the priority they assign to coming up with a fix for the next iOS8 release. He also confirmed that they really don't monitor these posts, so if you think you are sending a message to Apple by posting here, think again!

Oct 14, 2014 5:41 PM in response to Grandpastu

I First contacted Apple on Sept 25th regarding this issue ( the day after I Installed IOS 8). I have a Lexus 2007, Rx 350 and my husband a 2011, ES350. I cannot use SIRI in either car to make voice calls. I have also been to the Lexus Dealer that tells me there is no Firmware Update for the 2007. I am now working with my third Senior Advisor who admits there is a definite problem and I am not the only one. Today we tried a number of fixes, turning off ICloud, Find My Phone etc. None worked. But he gathered a bunch of Info for the Software Engineers. Hopefully we will have a resolution soon.

Why does Siri bluetooth connection in 2008 Toyota Prius with iOS 8 terminate outgoing call with message "call terminated by network" on Prius screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.