Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Plus Bluetooth Volume Extremely Low

I purchased an iPhone 6+ and have paired it to my car (Ford) and motorcycle (Harley) but have an issue where the volume turned all the way up to max, you can barely hear when playing music. The sound is normal when email, messages or Siri is used, only music seems to be low. I have tried resetting settings and deleted paring to no avail. This is also happening for my girlfriends 6+ in her vehicle with aftermarket Pioneer stereo.

At first I thought it might have been an iOS 8 issue, but had updated my 5s to iOS 8 when it was released and bluetooth sound worked perfectly the couple days I used it after upgrading. Maybe this has to do with the A2DP Profile on the i6?

Side note: Volume works as designed when plugged in via the USB/Lightning cable.

Are there others having the same issue?

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Sep 22, 2014 8:11 PM

54 replies

Sep 24, 2014 10:31 AM in response to Korazu

Hey, We had the same problem with our Audi A1 & A5 but for some reason this work around worked. We unpaired our iPhone 6 Pluses in the car and on the iPhone then started a song playing through the iPhone speaker, turned the volume to max (on the iPhone) then paired our iPhones throughout the car, not the iPhone. and happy days the low music volume problem was fixed 🙂

Hopefully this will work for you guys 🙂

Dec 5, 2014 12:06 PM in response to Korazu

Same problem. On mine, you can control the volume through your iphone as well. The issue is that once it's paired with your car, BOTH the car volume AND the iphone volume control the actual volume. Turn up your volume on your iphone when playing music and you'll see. Apple screwed this up.

Jan 10, 2015 6:55 PM in response to Korazu

I am having the same issue. I believe there is something extremely wrong with Bluetooth on the iPhone 6 (or I have a bad phone). It starts playing at a good volume, then about 1 - 2 songs in, it suddenly goes to half the volume. Only thing that fixes it is to close the music app on the phone and start over. Although it'll do it again. It has nothing to do with the actual bluetooth connection to the device, as they stay connected. I have this issue with my Kenwood unit in the car, and the stereo receiver in the home, and other bluetooth devices I've tried. Never had the issue with my old phone and these devices, or if I hardwire the connection. On a long road trip recently, I'd just have to turn up the sound on the receiver, and then randomly (an hour in) the volume corrects and just about blows out my hearing!

I was hoping there would be a software update to solve this glitch. Come on apple, for a phone that costs this much and is meant to be the greatest - this is terrible!

iPhone 6 Plus Bluetooth Volume Extremely Low

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.