Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does iphone 6 and 6plus have problem of bending in pockets?

as per one website iphone 6 and 6plus is having problem of getting bend in pocket. Can anyone from Technical team tell if its true?

Posted on Sep 24, 2014 7:12 AM

157 replies

Sep 24, 2014 8:16 AM in response to Amit Padekar

As of now, Apple is not replying to this problem, buy there is one video that proves this as true. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znK652H6yQ

Just keep your eye on the Internet (maybe set Google search tools to "last hour") to see the inevitable response of Apple and concenquences of this situation.

Apple may give out free cases, as they did with the iPhone 4 and the antenna problems, fix it in later models or just do nothing and give free replacements for bent iPhones.

Sep 24, 2014 8:24 AM in response to Amit Padekar

Yes if you sit on it it could bend, just like if you sit on the hood of a car it could bend as well. Put enough pressure on any phone and it'll bend or break. One has to use some common sense where you carry your phone. Ask yourself if you have tight pockets, and does it seem to put pressure on the phone when you sit down? They are not indestructible.

Sep 24, 2014 8:33 AM in response to pogster

its not excepted from iPhone designers. Phone getting bend in pockets are totally unacceptable to any iPhone lover and the user. its acceptable if external forces are applied purposely but not for an excuse of pockets!!! The redesign of the casing should be done in this case with immediate effect and and be done easily by comprising the thickness of the mobile. After all we are not looking for the slimmest phone option but we are rather looking at worlds best smart phone in market.

Sep 24, 2014 11:04 AM in response to Amit Padekar

Amit Padekar wrote:

its not excepted from iPhone designers. Phone getting bend in pockets are totally unacceptable to any iPhone lover and the user. its acceptable if external forces are applied purposely but not for an excuse of pockets!!! The redesign of the casing should be done in this case with immediate effect and and be done easily by comprising the thickness of the mobile. After all we are not looking for the slimmest phone option but we are rather looking at worlds best smart phone in market.

If I was a diver I wouldn't buy a watch that wasn't water proof. Likewise buy the kind of phone that suits the way you carry it. We don't work for Apple. Complaining about it here is not the place. You've been given a link to provide feedback to Apple, please use it.

Sep 24, 2014 11:29 AM in response to Bryant@NorCal

You people are ridiculous.

Read this article and watch the video of the Samsung Galaxy being bent, only the Samsung screen shattered, where the videos of people purposely bending the iPhone 6 only manage to bend it as the screen doesn't shatter.

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2014/09/video-samsung-galaxy-s4-bends-cracks-bend-tes t.html

Any and I repeat......ANY phone made out of Aluminum can be bent. ANY.

Sep 24, 2014 11:51 AM in response to Amit Padekar

Oh man i am so ******. I was driving around with my iPhone in the front pocket of my jeans today and when i got home i noticed it was bent. I didn't know that this was such a big thing until i did a google search. Now i am worried about trying to bend it back because apparently there is a good chance of the screen cracking. Will apple be recalling these handsets because there is an obvious design flaw. I always carry my devices in the front pocket of my jeans and have never had this happen before. Surely you can't sell a device and expect people to carry it around in cotton wool.

Sep 24, 2014 12:34 PM in response to UtopianUSA

Is it the chicken or the egg? The design flaw could potentially be in your jeans. They garment designers need to factor people using smartphones and include a rigid rectangle of material in all the pockets.

Come on people, to what standard should this be made? Back pocket pressure or front pocket pressure? Back pocket for somebody weighing 400 lbs, or only for those of us less than 200 lbs and others should go on a diet? Stretch jeans or 100% cotton, form fit or generous? Apple is going to have to include instructions that you need to wear pants twice your fit size, along with the other fine print on the box. 😝

Does iphone 6 and 6plus have problem of bending in pockets?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.