Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Why can't I send or share photos from my iPhone6 photo app? It says "There was a error while preparing to share. Please try again later." It's been 4 days and no luck. Help!

Why can't I send or share photos from my iPhone6 photo app? It says "There was a error while preparing to share. Please try again later." It's been 4 days and no luck. Help!

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Dec 25, 2014 1:15 PM in response to Reading Tchr In response to Reading Tchr

I have the same problem however if you "share" or copy, do it by 1-8 pictures at a time. Sometimes when I copy 8 pictures I still get the problem. This seems to just be happening around the Holidays. I copied 600 pictures just the other day now I can barely copy any. Good luck! I hope they fix this. Is this suppose to be a one time share thingy -_- ☻

Feb 18, 2015 7:38 AM in response to Reading Tchr In response to Reading Tchr

I see this topic was started back in september and still no resolution?????!!!!

Sort of defeats the purpose of having a camera on this phone when i cant share anything! Its been one crappy software release after another ....FIX THIS ALREADY!!

Jun 14, 2015 11:00 PM in response to twolip In response to twolip

GO to settings, scroll down to iCloud, click on it, scroll down to log out, press log out and wait for it to finish logging out, then log right back in with your iTunes password. It will reset up your pictures, don't be alarmed they will disappear for a few minutes and then re download from the iCloud and that fixes the error.

Dec 7, 2016 10:56 AM in response to Reading Tchr In response to Reading Tchr

Here's what I found worked for me. Go into the Camera and select the icon of the last photo you took in the lower left hand corner. When you select the photo and it grows larger, select the All Photos link in the upper right corner. This should show you all your photos whether stored locally on you phone or your iCloud account. Select the Collections link (this is optional) and then the photo you want to share either via text message or email. A popup should appear that displays the word preparing and a small white circle with a gray outline. As the images is prepared the circle will fill as the process continues. As soon as this process is complete you should be able to send the image via your chosen method. I hope this help you. 😉

May 21, 2016 4:02 PM in response to Reading Tchr In response to Reading Tchr

From my experience this happens when you have your phone set to 'optimised'. This means that the image/ video is not stored on the phone itself, but in the cloud, freeing up space on your handset. However, when you do eventually fill up the handset, then decide you want to watch, send or view said item, it cant download it back to the phone (which it needs to do in order to send) due to lack of space.

If you find yourself in this situation then the only thing Ive found to work is to plug my phone into my computer, transfer all visable videos/pictures. Then go through them on my phone and delete the ones I can do without. This then free's up the space on my phone in order to download the the ones I really want.

Id advise having your 'Photos & Camera' settings set to 'Download and keep originals' to prevent this happening in the future. However, it does mean the space on your phone is pretty valuble and you're likely to need to take stuff off (maybe transfer to a hard drive) regularly. Another thing I've learned since my brother became a manager at Apple is that videos take up a lot of space on your phone when youve initially recorded them. If you transfer them to your computer, then back again, they appear smaller, using less storage space.

I've noticed lots of people on here saying that they are signing out of icloud then signing back in but find they are losing stuff. BACK UP FIRST. If you dont then you are likely to lose things and not get them back. If you did back up and find that a few things are missing, give it time. it's literally pulling all your stuff from the freaking sky, dont expect it there in minutes. Mine has sometimes taken hours

Hope this helps someone

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Dec 24, 2014 11:43 AM in response to Rogelio Ocampo In response to Rogelio Ocampo

I have exactly the same in iPad mini 2 with iOS 8.1.2

sharing was ok up to the last set I wanted to share via airdrop. Now I cannot shard anymore via any means. (Not via iCloud, airdrop etc.) I have restarted without any change to the situation. Pls help!

Dec 24, 2014 11:43 AM

Reply Helpful (80)

Dec 25, 2014 1:15 PM in response to Reading Tchr In response to Reading Tchr

I have the same problem however if you "share" or copy, do it by 1-8 pictures at a time. Sometimes when I copy 8 pictures I still get the problem. This seems to just be happening around the Holidays. I copied 600 pictures just the other day now I can barely copy any. Good luck! I hope they fix this. Is this suppose to be a one time share thingy -_- ☻

Dec 25, 2014 1:15 PM

Reply Helpful (32)

Feb 18, 2015 7:38 AM in response to Reading Tchr In response to Reading Tchr

I see this topic was started back in september and still no resolution?????!!!!

Sort of defeats the purpose of having a camera on this phone when i cant share anything! Its been one crappy software release after another ....FIX THIS ALREADY!!

Feb 18, 2015 7:38 AM

Reply Helpful (16)

May 14, 2015 8:59 AM in response to Reading Tchr In response to Reading Tchr

I'm having the same problem, with iPhone 5s and iOS 8.3. Very frustrating. The error mentioned shows up when trying to share photo directly from photo library, and it doesn't matter if I select to share via email or another app.
If I try to upload photo from Facebook to a posting nothing happens, and everything I write in the same posting disappears.

May 14, 2015 8:59 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Reading Tchr

Question: Why can't I send or share photos from my iPhone6 photo app? It says "There was a error while preparing to share. Please try again later." It's been 4 days and no luck. Help!