Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In iOS8 Siri always says "just to confirm" when the call command is used. How can I put a stop to that question?

In iOS8 Siri always says "just to confirm" when the call command is used. How can I put a stop to that question?

Posted on Sep 25, 2014 6:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2014 11:23 AM

Called Apple, and this in fact is NOT A BUG - but an enhanced Siri "feature" in iOS 8.X. The weird part about it is... it does not happen on all my contacts - only seems to happen on most of them? Anyone else experiencing this weird behavior?

So that begs the question - if it is an enhanced Siri feature - then why doesn't she confirm on every contact not just some of them? And why does the editing the number work for a day only?

21 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2014 11:23 AM in response to MattOakland

Called Apple, and this in fact is NOT A BUG - but an enhanced Siri "feature" in iOS 8.X. The weird part about it is... it does not happen on all my contacts - only seems to happen on most of them? Anyone else experiencing this weird behavior?

So that begs the question - if it is an enhanced Siri feature - then why doesn't she confirm on every contact not just some of them? And why does the editing the number work for a day only?

Oct 28, 2014 12:53 PM in response to Arniewint

[As I posted on another thread...]

I think I may have found somewhat of a workaround. From my testing, it doesn't happen if the contact is in my Favorites. Doesn't matter whether the person has one phone number or multiple, I get no "just to confirm" if they're in my Faves...

Hopefully someone else can confirm this. And I recommend we all head over to http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html to let them know how we feel, and ask for the option to turn it off, at the very least!

Good luck!

John

Oct 28, 2014 1:00 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Carolyn, this is crazy! It isn't an issue requiring a reset of any kind! It's a new "feature"... Did you do any research before you posted your suggestions? It's all over the place, from here to Ars Technica and beyond. Why make someone go through the hassle of resetting their settings?

All due respect, but this is bad form, especially from someone with your ranking...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.