Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

since updating to 8 the keyboard covers text fields that I am typing into

i updated to iOS 8 and found that the keyboard now covers the fields I am trying to enter into. I have to constantly hide the keyboard just to see what I have typed. It happens In apps as well as Safari. Is there a setting I can change?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iOS 8, Keyboard

Posted on Sep 26, 2014 3:42 AM

43 replies

Aug 16, 2017 1:16 AM in response to bobseufert

It is now August 2017 and Apple still haven't sorted out thIs bug, so very many thanks Bob for going some way to doing so. As you suggest, I would urge anyone to report this problem to Apple

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

I have a new iPad Pro running the latest iOS. Your solution worked for me in Mail -

Settings – General – Keyboard – Split Key - Off

Strangely it doesn't work in Safari, as I found out when writing this message!

Nov 13, 2017 5:57 PM in response to dianafromsemaphore

I’m on an iPhone 8 with iOS 11 and had the keyboard covering the reminders when I was typing so I couldn’t then set a time and date.

I followed one of the suggestions here (loosely) and went in to the keyboards settings (general) and set ‘one handed keyboard’ to ‘left keyboard’ then went back into the reminders and it worked fine. I set the keyboard back to normal and it still works fine. I have no idea why but I’m happy and hope this helps others.

Sep 26, 2014 2:22 PM in response to bobseufert

But if I dock the keyboard I can not type any more. The flaw is more that the field on the page does not 'lift' to be in the visible area as it use to, so that you can no longer see what you are typing. I need to repeatedly dock the keyboard to see what I have typed. Or challenge my memory and type without seeing anything and then dock to see the output. Editing text is particularly difficult as you need to place the cursor, then without seeing the text, remember to, for example, backspace 5 and then correct the word.

Sep 26, 2014 2:37 PM in response to dianafromsemaphore

First try a reset. Press and hold both the home and power buttons 10-15 seconds till the Apple logo appears. Release both buttons. Wait 15-20 seconds till your iPad starts on it's own.

If that doesn't work try settings> general>keyboard> predictive> off.

Be sure to leave Apple feedback so they can fix the problem.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Sep 28, 2014 3:08 AM in response to dianafromsemaphore

I Must admit it is a little better without the predictive keyboard And ios8 update. It doesn't lift the page automatically like it should, but you can now do it manually by docking the keyboard, lifting manually and then calling up the keyboard. An annoying loss of functionality, but at least I can do the text work now. I will send through the feedback.

since updating to 8 the keyboard covers text fields that I am typing into

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.