Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to pair my macbook on iphone 6 via bluetooth

I am unable to pair my macbook pro (os x 10.9.5) on my iphone 6 (8.0.2).

I can pair my Klipsch bluetooth speakers but not macbook. When i enable bluetooth, i cant see iphone ever detecting macbook.

Does anyone having this issue? or any solutions?

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 28, 2014 2:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2014 3:26 AM

The Mac Bluetooth is not designed to connect to iPhones as it is for things like speakers, keypads, earphones and such only.

65 replies

Oct 20, 2014 6:06 AM in response to bmwcache

bmwcache wrote:

Looks like there is a bug in the iOS8 for iPhone 4s. Although the handoff feature is supported in iPhone 4s, I cant get to see the enable disable toggle in the iPhone general settings.

Besides, pairing the blutooth on Macbook air Yeosimette and iPhone 4s 8.02 dons seem to work

Rgds

Mohan

It's not a bug. It's a [missing] feature. Continuity works on only certain devices: iPad Air, iPad with Retina (4th gen), iPad Mini, iPad Mini with Retina, iPhone 5 or later, iPod Touch (5th gen)

Oct 21, 2014 7:50 AM in response to TJBUSMC1973

I'm having this exact problem with an iPhone 6 (iOS8.1) and 13" MacBook Pro late 2012 running Yosemite. The Bluetooth configuration is supposed to be compatible in enabling Handoff. However, I'm unable to pair the iPhone/MacBook. I get the confirmation code on my iPhone but when I acknowledge, the MacBook disconnects. I've switched off/on Bluetooth many times on both devices, restarted them but still no connection. I have both devices on WiFi, too. AFIK, what I'm doing to enable Handoff is correct. It is still buggy, though, on my iPad 4th gen but I can use mail and Safari.

I'm stumped.

Unable to pair my macbook on iphone 6 via bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.