Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth problems since update iOS 8.0.2

Since the last update to iOS 8.0.2 problems with Bluetooth on my iPhone 5s and iPad air, cannot connect to any via bluetooth.......

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 28, 2014 4:36 AM

73 replies

Sep 28, 2014 10:20 AM in response to Barry Hemphill

I have done the reset and I confirm, it does not work either, thanks Barry for the very insulting not insult, my problem is that I get the connection with my car handsfree (Audi A6) and then after some minutes it gets disconnected and I have to do the finding and the pair them once again and again and again. Handsfree are supposed to increase safety, this problem makes it unsafe as my attention is elsewhere. I have done a search using Google in which I found thousands of users having the same issue or similar. I thought wrongly that the Apple Support Community was the best place to raise the issue and as usual the user is at fault and so moron that forgot to switch on the Bluetooth. Clear hand shake standards do exist for Bluetooth connections, incredible that Apple do not respect them. As Orlando from Chicago I also regret updating to iOS 8.0.2. Thanks but no thanks Barry.

<Link Edited By Host>

Sep 28, 2014 11:13 AM in response to jannine51

Hi Jannine, I also have an Audi A6, and living in Chicago I can get a ticket if I get caught speaking on my handse. So if is a big issue for me . I don't think it is related to Audi's bluetooth because it has always worked on previous versions and my bluetooth a2dp receiver is after market . I will try a few other Bluetooth devices and report back, though I think we screwed on this one until apple rolls another pach

Sep 28, 2014 11:25 AM in response to orlandofromchicago

Hi Orlando, of course it has nothing to do with Audi, if you see the link on my previous message all different kinds of handsfree in all different car makes are having precisely the same problem. Fines are a problem, accidents are much worst. I think that you are right in having to wait hopefully only to the next patch, I was considering going back to an old phone for driving but the sim card is incompatible as we know

Sep 29, 2014 5:14 PM in response to Jan Rainer

I too have an issue after updating my 4s to IOS 8.0.2, had perfect functionality with blue tooth before the update, now it can see the phone but I have to manually tick the Bluetooth after I answer the call whilst driving. not good enough. I have "Reset All Settings", did nothing except create more work, deleted the pairings on both car & phone, did not fix.

Sep 30, 2014 3:39 PM in response to Jan Rainer

Same issues, iPhone 5S, iOS 8.0.2. I am a pretty tech savvy guy, smart house the whole nine yards. All Mac, iPad home control with Insteon and ReQuest Media Server.

BlueTooth isn't working on our Mercedes ML, Chevy Volt, VTech home phone system, Jawbone headset, Plantronics Voyager Pro+ headset.. None work. I disconnected, updated (if possible) and reconnected all of my devices.

The one thing that does kind of work is my Plantronics Voyager Pro+ All of the features don't work, it is either connected or it isn't. Tapping the answer button doesn't answer or hang up, it must be force connected at the iPhone 5S and when you hang up it is still connected and must be force disconnected at the iPhone or it thinks it is talking or listening to Music.

More details on Beach Street news website but the funny one is the Volt. When the Volt connects to the iPhone 5S running iOS 8, the Volt Screen displays my Aunts name and phone number and indicates that it is dialing. My iPhone screen on the other hand shows my wife's iPhone number on the screen.

Simply baffling how iOS 7 worked so well, and 8.0.x is just a flop so far. 8.0.3 with BlueTooth fix anytime soon?

Bluetooth problems since update iOS 8.0.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.