Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blue Screen and Non stop reboot after ios 8.0.2 update?

I have an iPhone 5s, and i have never previously had any issues with it. But this morning i went to update my phone, and it did. When it was finished updating it was rebooting, and then it blue screened. Now, it won't stop rebooting. I don't know what to do.. Help please T^T i am really upset right now~!!

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Sep 28, 2014 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2014 1:33 PM

Here is what you can try,

Hold both the power and home buttons until the device powers off, may take 10sec. Let go of both as soon as screen goes black.

Open itunes on your computer and plug in your cable to the computer but NOT the phone.

Once itunes is open hold down the home button on phone and plug in cable and continue holding home button until you see the connect to iTunes logo on screen. iTunes will give a msg that a device has been detected in recovery mode. Now select restore and do not disconnect until you see your device in iTunes again.

101 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2014 1:33 PM in response to xmarmarx

Here is what you can try,

Hold both the power and home buttons until the device powers off, may take 10sec. Let go of both as soon as screen goes black.

Open itunes on your computer and plug in your cable to the computer but NOT the phone.

Once itunes is open hold down the home button on phone and plug in cable and continue holding home button until you see the connect to iTunes logo on screen. iTunes will give a msg that a device has been detected in recovery mode. Now select restore and do not disconnect until you see your device in iTunes again.

Sep 29, 2014 11:33 AM in response to imodztech

Same issue. Very disappointed with lack of testing in 8.0.2 update. One should not need to restore from backup after doing a minor update. Tried to use the AppleCare I'd paid for. Couldn't give them my serial number because the etching is so small and low contrast that my 50yo see can't read it.

Thanks, imodztech, your solution worked for me, but I'm disappointed that I've lost two days of SMS and call logs (yes, it seems like the last backup failed too), and that I have to wait for the phone to reinstall my apps, retrain the finger printer reader, re-register several apps, and reinstall my manually managed media.

Blue Screen and Non stop reboot after ios 8.0.2 update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.