Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

slow motion lost after sync from mac to iphone

Hi,

I can capture videos in slow motion but those videos play at normal speed once Sync them via iTunes.

1. Capture videos in slow motion.

2. The videos first play in slow motion in the iPhone. There is a time line slider to move the slo-mo effect back and forth.

3. I do a back-up via iTunes including videos.

4. After syncing, the videos in the iPhone appear in one album called "Slo-Mo".

5. In the thumbnail of the video clip I can see the small dial icon that all other slow motion videos have.

6. Playing the video shows a normal speed clip without the timeline slider under the video frames view.

The videos DO retain the slo-mo "effect" in Aperture and iPhoto also. Not in the iPhone after syncing.

Any hints to solve this? thanks

jp

iPhone 6 iOS8

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Sep 29, 2014 3:57 AM

93 replies

Sep 30, 2014 9:59 PM in response to jpac

HI i have exact same problem , this is a bug with iOS 8.0.2 and can't be rectified without an update from apple . i also have an ongoing issue with syncing iPhone with iTunes , it only works 1 in 10 times and does not show up under wireless sync have to connect with iTunes via cable only .I've tried all the usual solutions and no fix . Come on apple sort out this slo mo issue I love being able to show my slo mo vids !!!!

Sep 30, 2014 11:59 PM in response to neilmoulding

Hi,

I solved the cable-only-sync resetting the network settings. After that the iphone appeared again listed in iTunes via wi-fi BUT the sync seems problematic also... there are always one or two apps left out of the sync and some chapters of my iTunes U stuff also refused to copy.

The iTunes U sync "seem" to be solved by deleting the old courses and re-downloading them.

( OFF - topic ) If you turn Photo Sharing off in the iPhone you solve the issue of duplicated photos in your collections... BUT if you dare to turn it on again you will get a messy unordered list of photos downloading randomly to your photo albums.

Oct 5, 2014 1:01 AM in response to jpac

Same exact problem here and I posted about it as well two weeks ago: Slo-mo videos in regular speed on iPhone 6 after syncing with iPhoto

I am still on iOS 8.0 but it doesn't seem like iOS 8.0.2 fixes this issue. It's frustrating becausing I have to do selective importing to iPhoto in order to make sure not to remove the new slo-mo videos from the iPhone while managing the photos or regular videos. Hoping Apple notices this soon and applies a fix for this.

Regards,

Frank

Oct 19, 2014 3:19 PM in response to Dominick32

Same thing here. The slow motion video no longer plays in slow motion on my iphone 6, but the slow motion icon is still there.

To see if the slow motion info is still in the video, I airdropped the video from my iPhone to my iMac running Yosemite. I opened it in Quicktime, and it played back the slow motion perfectly, just as it did on my iPhone before I synced it with iPhoto and iTunes.

So it appears to be a bug in the iOS Photo app, with the assumption that the Photo app and the Quicktime app should play back the video in the same way.

This article describes the current behavior:

http://www.lynda.com/articles/slo-mo-iphone-6

Oct 20, 2014 7:51 PM in response to Dominick32

Same issue.

Attach iPhone to Mac

Import all photos from "Camera Roll" including videos.

Delete photos after import (from "Camera Roll").

Make my events in iPhoto, placing the correct "Slo Mo" Videos in the proper events. (Slow Mo works in iPhoto and QuickTIme)

Sync with iTunes - Include Videos.

Slow Mo Videos in the "Slo Mo" smart album on iPhone, but play at real time speeds.

😟

Oct 20, 2014 11:08 PM in response to jpac

Hi,

iOS 8.1 didn't fix the issue so here is my workaround to " show-off " my slow motion clips:

I have tried to open the clips with iMovie in the iPhone. ( I guess not everyone has iMovie installed...?)

So, you can create a new project in iOS iMovie and import the clip you want. Slow motion clips preserve the little dial icon so you can see which ones have the slo-mo effect. It will preserve the slow-motion sections of the original clip and will play "slow".

If for some magical reason your clip doesn't play "slow" in iOS iMovie click on the small "tachometer" icon and select the desired speed.

So. iMovie does know the clip has enough frames to play in slow motion... why the camera app doesn't ?

good luck,

jp

slow motion lost after sync from mac to iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.