Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 8.0.2 wifi issues

Hi, I have issues with my new iPhone 6 on IOS 8.0.2

Sometimes I lose wifi connectivity and disable / enable the wifi on Settings is not enough... only chance is to reboot the phone.

R

Posted on Sep 29, 2014 6:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2014 6:56 AM

Same issue, same device.

217 replies

Sep 29, 2014 8:31 AM in response to rrsrrs

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.0.2. I've noticed when switching SSIDs it tends to act as if the WIFI is completely shut off... When I check for SSIDs, it never shows any. If I shut off WIFI and turn it back on, it still chooses not to "see" any SSIDs. If I stay in the exact same place, reboot the entire phone, then check for SSIDs it will magically "see" them and start connecting.

This is, quite frankly, a stupid issue. I'm not sure what they (Apple) were trying to fix, but so far it's only getting more aggravating. I keep hearing more of the exact same issues popping up, and it tends to be isolated to iOS 8, and not the device. My iPhone 5 on iOS 8.0.0 didn't have any issues that I recall...

Sep 30, 2014 5:19 AM in response to rrsrrs

I'm having same issue. Sluggish speeds, lost connectivity. Return from work and iPhone 6 won't connect to home network. In fact, none of the Wi-Fi networks pop up at all. I live in complex with several Wi-Fi connections. My only fix is to reset phone and then they finally pop up. I'm not sure if it's the software or the device. I'm not having these issues with the iPad Air or mini. Although, Wi-Fi devices only they are using the latest iOS 8 update.

Sep 30, 2014 8:31 AM in response to rrsrrs

I have the same issue. My WiFi will just crawl when connecting to a website, then just pause like it is stuck. I turn WiFi on and off and it does nothing. Reboot seems to work, but only temporarily.

Come on Apple, the reason we buy your crap is because we don't want to have to deal with crap like this. I paid all this money for this new phone and now my WiFi connection is slower than my 3G connection? Get your crap together and fix this now. Maybe the ship is going down since Cook took over, this sure feels like an Android release, not an Apple release (and I have loved apple had a 4s, 5s and now 6).

Oct 1, 2014 11:22 AM in response to pierreboulez

Just piling on with the faint hopes that someone will eventually fix this.

iPhone 6 with iOS 8.0.2.

Connect to WiFi and seems to work fine.

After a while the WiFi just completely goes away. If I try to reconnect I get "Cannot Scan For Wireless Networks". Have to "Reset Network Settings" to fix.

Has happened 3 times so far today. One time I was looking at the screen and it changed from WiFi to LTE right in front of my eyes. This is definitely a problem with the phone/OS, not the WiFi, as my other devices (Apple and others) do not have this problem. Nor did my iPhone 4S.

Kind of takes the fun out of getting a new gadget when there are these issues essentially right out of the box.

Oct 2, 2014 2:34 AM in response to rrsrrs

After upgrading to ios 8.0.2 on my Iphone 5S I am having continous issues with wifi. I connect to WiFi and seems to work fine but after a while it just completely goes away. I have to connect to wifi manualy, which works for just a few minutes. Few times a day I have to reboot the phone which helps keeping the phone connected to wifi for a longer time - approx. 30 minutes. I switched from android phones to ios to avoid such a problems but here you go.... :-(

Oct 2, 2014 8:13 AM in response to Borajstwo

My friend and I were at the local pub last night. We could not connect to their wifi anymore. I had no problems connecting at this bar before with my 4S running IOS 7.

I have a new iPhone 6 now and she has a 5. What we have in common is IOS 8.0.2. People with Android had no problems connecting but she and I just spun but could not connect. We reset network settings, we rebooted, to no avail. The issue seems to be certain wifi networks will no longer connect with IOS 8.0.2. I don't have any problem with WiFi at home neither does she. It seems that there are neteorks I can no longer join. Does this sound familiar to anyone else?

IOS 8.0.2 wifi issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.