Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5 keeps on asking for activation....

All the time it does this, and it's searching for service the whole time and all of a sudden the Apple logo appears and wants to be activated and I've activated it lots of times, but keeps on coming. Is is because i'm running iOS 8.0.2?!! Sick of this, HELP!!! 😟

iPhone 5, iOS 8, activation

Posted on Oct 4, 2014 6:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2014 7:54 PM

Me tooay

73 replies

Oct 26, 2014 3:35 PM in response to j_clemons13

My iPhone 5 also started doing this since updating to IOS 8.0.0, it asks for activation at least three times a day and says "searching" for signal A LOT, it even drops my calls. This is ridiculous! I can only use WiFi to activate, it will not allow me to use my LTE to activate, if I'm not around WiFi I can't activate my phone. Please fix this issue I've been on the phone with Verizon seems to be an iPhone issue not a Verizon issue.

Oct 26, 2014 3:42 PM in response to ARMartinez0984USN

ARMartinez0984USN wrote:

My iPhone 5 also started doing this since updating to IOS 8.0.0, it asks for activation at least three times a day and says "searching" for signal A LOT, it even drops my calls. This is ridiculous! I can only use WiFi to activate, it will not allow me to use my LTE to activate, if I'm not around WiFi I can't activate my phone. Please fix this issue I've been on the phone with Verizon seems to be an iPhone issue not a Verizon issue.

Make a backup of your iPhone, then restore it as new and test the issue: iOS: How to back up your data and set up your device as a ...

Nov 8, 2014 4:11 AM in response to mpwbd

I am also having this issue on my iphone5, started recently while i was in the states, took about 6 or 7 times to finally activate, all OK then this morning back at home, 3 days later, needs activating again, always giving an error message, finally activate the phone, and 10 minutes later needs activating again,

this is useless!!

i was thinking of buying an iphone 6, but over the last 2 years, i find my iphone getting consistently worse and worse, right now, i have a wonderful iphone5 that i can't use - thankfully during the 10 minute window of the phone working i backed up the phone, so at least there is hope that nothing is lost - phew 🙂

Nov 8, 2014 8:05 PM in response to ARMartinez0984USN

I too have the same issue from the time I updated the IOS. Additionally whenever i unlock the phone I get the message of activation required, which says " Update Completed: Your IPhone was successfully updated, There are just a few more steps to follow, and then you are done. ", After which if I am in WiFi zone I can activate my IPhone by pressing "CONTINUE" to the message and if not in WiFi zone, then I am asked to connect to iTunes or else am not allowed to enter the phone and can not even use the basic phone functions of accessing the contacts and calling/messaging anybody.This is really annoying as the phone is of no use at this stage. Its a long pending issue and should be addressed.

Nov 14, 2014 5:49 AM in response to mpwbd

Hello all,

I am having the same problem with iphone 5 & ios 8.1.

I tried many everything (restore, DFU restore, setup as new, .....) nothing worked.

I cannot say that I have a cellular phone anymore. 😟

I have to carry my pc with me for itunes or I have to stay at home for wifi to reactivate my iphone.

APPLE please help...

John.

Nov 14, 2014 7:17 AM in response to mpwbd

It is hard to believe that Apple is not contacting us directly to solve this issue, taking in account the cost of the equipment... Still trying to find a moment at the official stores (basically impossible in Madrid) to find a solution. This is an extremely serious issue, aren't they going to say anything? Really? This company is changing so fast...

Nov 14, 2014 5:14 PM in response to mpwbd

Ok I spoke to Apple support today, the issue apparently is Find My iPhone. So if you log into your iCloud account through iCloud.com this is what i was told to do.

Go to iCloud.com>Find My iPhone>All Devices

Once you are there Choose your device

Turn off your phone

once your phone is off remove your device from Find My iPhone

So far this has worked, now don't get me wrong i just did this today so hopefully its a fix.

My iPhone 5 keeps on asking for activation....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.