Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Plus Verizon shipping/delivery

Has anybody that ordered their iPhone 6 Plus through Verizon actually gotten their phone yet? or even got a shipping confirmation email and tracking number? i pre ordered my 6 Plus 64gb Space grey on 9/17 and have a ship date of 10/31, my status on verizon still says order is in process.

Posted on Oct 5, 2014 12:38 PM

171 replies

Oct 6, 2014 12:54 PM in response to stephenm94

I ordered a 6plus silver 64gb on 9/13, day after preorders began and got an estimated ship date of10/28 at the time. I had iniated my order over the phone directly through verizonwireless on the day preorders began but because I was upgrading from a prepaid flip phone, I had to finalize my order on 9/13.

I have continually checked the shipping date and it was moved up to 10/24 on their verizonwireless page. I called verizonwireless directly a few days ago and they said that shipments will begin on 10/16 for preorders, but it sounded like it was a pre-selected batch of orders with no information on which orders from which dates were in that batch. There are no guarantees on this. The reality is that there are more people who have ordered the phones than there are already manufactured phones to ship. They cannot specify an exact date of shipment because they ship phones to the world at this point and keeping up with the demand is a monumental feat. I can be objective and believe it will ship when it can but the subjective side of me wants my **** phone already. Next time (if there is one) I will just stand in line for one. This is my first iphone and this long delay in delivery is already leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Oct 6, 2014 12:59 PM in response to stephenm94

I pre-ordered from Verizon Wireless within the first 12 hours of pre-orders and got an Oct. 14th Ship Date. I went to the Verizon Wireless Store on the day of first Retail Delivery and picked up my two and cancelled the pre-orders. I doubt that I'm the only one that did that so some early pre-orders should be on or ahead of schedule.

Oct 10, 2014 10:02 PM in response to stephenm94

I Went to my local Verizon store the day before my birthday, on September 28 and ordered my iPhone 6 plus silver with 128 gb. My expected ship date is October 24. Idk how you guys manged to get shipping dates past mine and I ordered mine waaay after you guys did. I read an article that said the 6 plus with 64 gb was one of the phone that would be shipped off later than almost all the other iPhone. Hopefully you guys get your phones before I do. I'll keep you all in the loop with anything I find.

Oct 12, 2014 9:58 AM in response to stephenm94

It's not Verizon...it's all of the wireless companies.

I ordered my iPhone 6+, Gold, with 64 gb memory on September 17 from T-Mobile. Currently scheduled on or before 10/29 which is about the same as Verizon. They all will ship as soon as they receive them from Apple so they can get our monies as soon as possible. No financial transaction until shipped.

Oct 12, 2014 10:14 AM in response to Biggmatt21

yeah man its not the carriers its apple. i dont think apple has shipped any 6 Pluses to any carriers yet. i heard they were going to start shipping them to carriers mid october. the only people who have received their 6 Plus were the ones who ordered directly from apple. which is complete BS. i understand that apple wants more people to order directly from them but they should fulfill the orders in a first come first serve basis no matter where the customers ordered from. thats unfair to the people who want and chose to order from their carrier instead of apple. and what makes me mad is that people who pre ordered their phones from the carriers still dont have their phone and some like me, dont even have tracking info, but yet people who ordered their phone well after release date from apple already have their phone or tracking info. thats completely unfair and BS

Oct 12, 2014 10:35 AM in response to stephenm94

Well, put me in on this mess. I ordered one iphone6 + on September 12 at 2pm eastern time with a ship date from Verizon of on or before October 24th. So I started looking around for the one I wanted and guess where I found it. Apple Store so I got that one. I ordered another on on October 4 and got a date of October 31 just like almost everyone else who ordered after September 20th. They are going to have to get a huge shipment to make all those phones they say on or before October 31. What a mess.

Oct 13, 2014 1:00 PM in response to stephenm94

I Find your promised delivery date quite interesting. I ordered a 6 plus 64 GB on Sept 15 from Verizon, and the confirmation email stated shipping on or before 11/4. It would appear the 64 size must have some issues. I hope they are all resolved by the time mine ships. My order status page at Verizon says it is "processing ", and it never changes. Now I see 32 countries are being added to the Apple sales mix!

What are they thinking, I've got you on the hook so I'll sell others a promise too? To me there is a huge fairness issue that is compounded by a lack of communications.

I Really would like to know the "true" status of my order, not just processing. I mean after all it is all a giant computerized system, ( isn't it?).

Last Friday I was in my local Sam's club and they had 2 plus phones in stock, but they were 16gb ones.

I guess all we can do is to keep each other posted with updates as we get them, so at least we have some info to give us clarity. Good luck to us all in the que. It would be nice if Apple would read these frustrations and do something for us. Sigh!

Oct 14, 2014 9:44 AM in response to stevenfromloudonville

I don't think the 64g has issues - it's just more popular than the 128. When I ordered the 64g through Verizon it was showing a later delivery date than the 128. Personally I don't think I need the extra 64g and wasn't willing to pay the $100 premium. I suspect many others felt that same way. So it's in more demand, and the 128g version has a little more availability and hence comes sooner.

My purchase through Verizon was through work, so I had to wait until 9/22 to order (the company needed to 'approve' the devices for work use) - so my ship date isn't until 11/7. Hoping that moves up.

I suspect Apple makes more money selling the phones direct, than through the carrier who I'm sure gets a cut of the price. While I don't like it (since I have to get mine through verizon), you can't really blame them for trying to make more money.

That is their responsibility to their shareholders after all.

Oct 14, 2014 10:04 AM in response to RunningDenver

Unfortunately I agree with you! Apparently the problem is primarily with the iPhone6+ and those with the 64G and 128G memory. Apple marketeers underestimated the popularity of the 6+ and thought that the size would encourage the IPhone 6 to be the phone of choice. Obviously they stock their own shelves first but it appears that orders placed directly with Apple and those with carriers have about the same delivery dates. If you are fortunate enough to have an Apple store nearby and they have your phone in stock you can cancel your order and buy it at the store but of course most shipments seem to be scheduled 10/29 or before with some falling into 11/4 or before.

I am no worse off than before....they haven't debited my credit card for payment and won't do so until they ship my unit but I have to continue to use my phone that I have successfully been using for the past two years. I feel for those who did not have cell phone service and signed up for service and bought the iPhone6. I guess the carrier will not charge them for service until they activate the phone once it is received.

Oct 15, 2014 10:32 AM in response to RunningDenver

I ordered my 6+ 64 GB space gray though Verizon, and it took over a week to even see the product name on the order status page. Now, when I log into my Verizon account, I see the product name but nothing else. No estimated ship date, and it even says the device return period has expired. How can I return something that hasn't even shipped yet? I don't have any idea if or when my phone will ship.

Oct 15, 2014 1:22 PM in response to kmmorris

I'm in the same exact boat haha everything is exactly the same color space grey except I even ordered a regular iphone 6 64gb space grey for my girlfriend the guy said she would have same amount of wait as me but the thing is she wasn't a Verizon member she was with cricket and she had to change her number over and become a Verizon member all the sudden her ship date changed to 2 business days we thought it wasn't true because they were completely sold out so either she was getting the wrong phone or magicly she got bumped up the list for who gets there phone first because of money making reason with Apple and Verizon either way it's messed up for the people who have no idea when they are getting there phone mesa AZ sapphire glass company filed for bankruptcy and now they want to shut down the business soooooo who knows *** is going on if I don't see mine or at least have some sort of tracking info on my device by oct 31 Im gonna go the apple store route which I bet they are most likely wanting people to do IIII WAAAANNNNTTT MY PPPPPPHHHHHHOOOONNNNNEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Oct 16, 2014 9:16 PM in response to stephenm94

I Ordered my iPhone 6 Plus Space Grey 64 GB on 9/19 and have a ship date of 11/07! I will never do this again. Waiting 7 weeks for an iPhone is lame. Folks in China tonight are getting their new iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 6's but how awesome we are still waiting, still waiting like everyone who preordered! This is lame! If I do not receive my iPhone soon I will just cancel my order and stick with my iPhone 5. I'm not going to play these games. Apple is smart enough to know what the customer wants before they know it, they should know how to properly forecast a launch supply chain. That's what I did if I worked there. Oh well I guess I just have to deal with it for now.

Oct 17, 2014 5:59 AM in response to stephenm94

Per my normal routine this morning I checked my Discover Card to see if my account had been debited for my iPhone6+, Gold, 64GB, etc. and it had not meaning no shipment. As of last night I was scheduled no later than 10/29. Went to the T-Mobile site and entered my order number and zip code and instead of telling me it would be shipped no later than 10/29 there was a notification that my information was not available and to check back tomorrow...my words. Hopefully, this means I am getting a favorable change in status. If I were a pessimist I could take it as pushing the delivery out further. Has anyone else had this experience.

iPhone 6 Plus Verizon shipping/delivery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.