Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since iOS 8... iPAD 2 slow WiFi, unresponsive taps at times, copy and paste function not working properly, typing is slow, opening and closing apps is SLOW. EVERYTHING WITH IOS 8 IS SLOOOOW

Since iOS 8... iPAD 2 slow WiFi, unresponsive taps at times, copy and paste function not working properly, typing is slow, opening and closing apps is SLOW. EVERYTHING WITH IOS 8 IS SLOOOOW

Before you tell me to do some "fix"....

YES I am connected to WiFi

YES my internet works perfectly on every other device in my house

YES I have rebooted my router

YES I have tried closing every single app

YES I have rebooted my iPad 2

YES I have turned off my iPad 2 and turned it back on a day later

YES I have upgraded to iOS 8.0.2

YES I have tried a factory restore

YES the problem started immediately after iOS 8 upgrade

*** is wrong with letting me downgrade to 7.1.2. Seriously. iOS 8 is a steaming pile of crap for iPad 2 users. And Apple support blames it on hardware issues of course. So, did thousands of iPad 2 users all just had the same hardware failure at the same time? Just look at the forums and see how many are having the same exact problem. And, if it is just a "select few", then why did all of these posts start AFTER iOS 8?

Even if you try to blame it on hardware, that still has nothing to do with going back to iOS 7.1.2. Every problem started with iOS 8. I had zero problems before iOS 8.

Bottom-line....LET ME GO BACK TO 7.1.2!

iPad 2, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 7, 2014 11:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2014 6:34 PM

I Have the same exact problem. My iPad 2 was working perfectly until iOS 8. Now everything runs slow, it hangs up and freezes. Never did that before. I wish I had not upgraded but now it seems I'm stuck. iOS 8.02 is no better. So frustrated!

98 replies

Oct 13, 2014 10:59 PM in response to chadzors

Exact same experience. Perfectly functioning iPad 2 effectively ruined bt ios8. Very very slow. I feel like it's been ruined on purpose to get me to upgrade. It never should have been presented as "compatible." I may upgrade to a different manufacturer's tablet as I hate being bullied and conned. I would go back to 7.1.2 in a heartbeat.

Oct 16, 2014 2:08 PM in response to chadzors

Thank you for posting, I have the exact same problem! iPad 2, with iOS 8 upgrade which crippled my iPad 2 !!!!

I am looking for a fix without reading through so many pages of problems, so thanks you for posting everything so completely. I have tried all those "fixes" too and nothing has worked. I also want to downgrade to the previous iOS which operated well for me.

it is embarrassing for Apple, since they just announced new hardware, they want us all to shell out more money, huh?

no fix for us?

I will look through these pages, but I doubt anything has been solved, I've been reading about trying to find a fix for over a week to no avail.

thanks for posting your complaint/problem as you were very articulate about the problem.

I also can not copy and paste. (Old clipboard keeps showing up.)

apps crash.

safari and Chrome browser are equally slow, unresponsive, hang.

crash to black screen. Crash to white screen.

lots of problems.

(edited to fix some typos which is hard since the keyboard overlays what I am typing.)

Oct 17, 2014 6:44 PM in response to Flavorich

Apple needs to to to allow all iPad 2 users to downgrade. I have done everything that is required and after reading all posts I agree it's Apple's iOS 8 and not iPad 2. This is a company that prides itself in satisfaction of their product. I am going to write to their legal department. Either allow us to downgrade (since 100 percent of iPad 2's are not compatible) or we go to court and the legal system will force them to allow us. When Apple announced that iOS 8 was supporting iPad 2 they dug themselves into the hole. I am also outraged that my iPad 2 has zero scratches and is in perfect condition with 64 gigs and Apple genius bar female employee says to me "maybe you need to buy a new one".

I hate having to use the legal system, but I guess if Apple will not help all the iPad 2 owners, then there is no other way.

Oct 18, 2014 4:01 AM in response to tony1305

Both my Ipad 2 and my mini have these exact same problems.....soooooo slow browsing, hanging, having to reload pages...keyboard practically uncontrollable, jumping up in the way....just really a pain to use Ipads. I so wish I had read this before upgrading BOTH devices.

So no way to go back to older version, huh?

Have they admitted that they caused these problems to our devices? Surely, by now, they aren't trying to blame it on anything except the upgrade? My Ipads both worked perfect before the upgrade.

I just remarked to my husband a couple of weeks ago that I just didn't see a reason to upgrade to a new device because there wasn't any really cool upgrade features, so beginning to wonder, like many others, if Apple knows it can't sell new Ipads unless our old ones quit working!

Oct 18, 2014 4:40 AM in response to christyfrommustang

Well if that is their strategy I will defiantly NOT she'll out any of my hard earned and limited money on an item that only has a useful life span of " to the next software upgrade"

if this issue, and with so many iPad 2 users complaining about the same things not say it's down to iOS 8, not get sorted soon by Apple then they will loose my custom.

perhaps this is one of the reasons Apple is slowly loosing its market share lead to other manufacturers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.