Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kingston DataTraveler Vault Privacy will not mount Yosemite

My encrypted USB drive will not mount in OS X 10.10. Drive worked just fine with 10.9.5

After inserting drive and selecting Mac folder, double-clicking the DTVP program will Crash every time.

Process: _DTVP [445]

Path: /private/var/folders/*/DTVP.app/Contents/Resources/_DTVP.app/Contents/MacOS/_DT VP

Identifier: com.yourcompany._DTVP

Version: 2.0.0.3

Code Type: X86 (Native)

Parent Process: ??? [1]

Responsible: _DTVP [445]

User ID: 502

Date/Time: 2014-10-16 22:24:21.011 -0700

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.10 (14A389)

Report Version: 11

Anonymous UUID: 00C96137-AA09-AA43-265C-460B6E6258B6

Time Awake Since Boot: 360 seconds

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000020

----------

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)

Processor 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

------------

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Oct 16, 2014 10:33 PM

43 replies

Oct 20, 2014 11:47 AM in response to smcinto6

smcinto6 wrote:

I don't think that will help me currently get the data off my USB stick will it?

Obviously you would need another Mac or PC to rescue the data from the original disk.

Have you got a backup of the OS before you installed 10.10? If not install 10.9 onto another USB stick or disk, boot from that, install Kingstons software & use that to recover the data. Virtualbox should also work if you have a Windows OS to install to a VM (or use the free Windows IE testing Virtual machines).

Truecrypt or PGP may be another option for encrypting that works across several platforms, it's difficult to find a reliable solution that also gets prompt updates for every OS.

P.S. it may make sense to backup these disks to a different form of encrypted disk - it can get you around situations like this.

Oct 24, 2014 10:49 AM in response to Drew Reece

Good suggestion if the reason is just for security. I use this Kingston 4GB secure stick because it's the only endorsed product from work.

Could somebody post a link to the Kingston report page on this issue so that we can make it more known to Kingston about the spread of impact regarding this issue?

Apple already knows given the automatic reporting on OS X 10.10.

Oct 24, 2014 2:48 PM in response to Jason's Funsky

I just received update from Kingston on this problem (still no ETA like smcinto6 reported).

It looks like the fix will be some sort of update to the device which will likely wipe the drive and put it back at factory settings.

The support technician will email me with a link, but apparently the update will not be posted to their support pages.

If true, it looks like everyone will have to have a record (with Kingston) of the problem.

I'll keep everyone posted with my progress.

Tom

Kingston DataTraveler Vault Privacy will not mount Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.