Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphoto Not Working After upgrading to Yosemite

I am unable to use iPhoto after upgrading to Yosemite.

I have two apple id and when I used one of them i get the message This update is not available for this Apple ID either because it was bought by a different user or the item was refunded or cancelled'. I am unable to use the other which might the registered Apple Id since the option to log in does not appear. What do I do?

I can't use iPhoto and the iPhoto library to does not work

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 6:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 6:33 AM

Contact App Store support. There's a link on the right hand side of the App Store Window. They're the only ones who can sort out account issues.

32 replies

Oct 17, 2014 10:38 AM in response to mark fromnew delhi

Same thing happened to me. I could no longer update any software from the apple store app. Keep showing "This update is not available for this Apple ID either because it was bought by a different user or the item was refunded or cancelled'" and log in use another id, it's saying "An error occurred".

I have used the same apple id to update and upgrade before w/ no problem at all.

Oct 17, 2014 10:44 AM in response to Mars91801

"This update is not available for this Apple ID either because it was bought by a different user or the item was refunded or cancelled'"

This can happen, if you are connected dot the wrong App Store. Check your System Preferences, if the Region is set to the country where your AppleID is registered. If the Region should be set to a different country, you will not be connecting to the AppStore where you purchased your apps.

Oct 18, 2014 12:31 AM in response to photosb189

Thank you all for your suggestions. None of them seemed to work though. I have however been able to download a comparable version of iPhotos. Giving below the process:

1. Contact your local Apple Support Team ( official one) on the phone - In India the number is 1800 425 0744. They were very patient in walking me through the process

2. Copy and paste all your iPhoto libraries to Desktop - this will take time depending on the number of photographs. This is just a precaution to back up your photos

3. Check that all the iPhoto library folders/ files on Desktop are the same size as the ones in the library - right click and get info

4. If all the folders and files in your desktop are the same size - then uninstall the iPhotos from your Applications

5. Go to App Store and download iPhotos - it still is free!

All the best to all struggling with Yosemite and all the problems it brings with it. I hope there are not too many

Oct 18, 2014 5:22 PM in response to ladypaint

Sure - lots and lots and lots and lots of people and lots and lots and lots more - in fact very few have had problems

If you have a problem then start a new thread with the detais of you system and of your problem and the volunteers here will be happy to help you

Posts like "has anyone found a way to get iPhoto running" give nothing for anyone to be able to assist - about all one can say to that is click on iPhoto in the Dock

use the "learn More" link under asking questions for suggestions on asking a good question - Tutorials

LN

Iphoto Not Working After upgrading to Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.