Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

usb mouse not working with Yosemite, help!

Just installed Yosemite on my Mac mini (Late 2012, 2.3 GHz Intel Core i&, 4GB memory). Yosemite appears to have installed correctly, but my USB logitech mouse is no longer working. I've been using this wireless Logitech mouse+keyboard combo for years without problems. The model number is CE0682. The combo has a receiver which plugs into a single USB port on the Mac mini, and pairs with both a wireless keyboard + wireless mouse. The keyboard works fine but the mouse doesn't respond at all. I've tried replacing the batteries, even though they reported as good, and tried repairing, even though the keyboard working indicates there was no need for it. When I unplug and replug the receiver, it is clear that Yosemite recognizes that I've removed and replugged in a mouse. (I was able to open the System Preferences -> Mouse panel by using Screen Sharing from a laptop running Yosemite, and use a remote mouse that way. With the Mouse system preference page open, when I unplug and replug in the mouse, the preference page clearly indicates there is no mouse attached then that there is a mouse attached.) I've also tried plugging in the receiver to a Mac laptop running Yosemite and again the keyboard works but the mouse doesn't.

Posted on Oct 17, 2014 8:30 AM

71 replies

Oct 17, 2014 11:28 AM in response to rhaining69

Hello rhaining69. I think I'm having a different but related issue. It appears that Yosemite is doing strange things to the USB ports of certain computers. Both my USB 3.0 ports died on my rMBP 15" after installing Yosemite.

I got one of them to start working again, but one of them is still out. I cleared the PRAM and SMC and did multiple reboots.

We might need to wait until an official update to Yosemite.

Good luck!!

Oct 17, 2014 1:18 PM in response to rhaining69

i have the same issues on a macmini 2009

combination wireless logitech keyb and mouse wierdly enough only my left and right mouse button do not work, the rest seem ok

i can point but not click

noted : i have it on a kvm switch and on the windows side it works fine

but even connecting it directly to my macmini give the same result ?

so it is connected but it seems the left and right function buttons are not in the driver ??

i read about the driver solution ? reinstall ? how do you "work" this on a mac ?

there is no update for logitech via macupdate

Oct 18, 2014 12:00 AM in response to migchiel

Same problem Upgraded to Yosemite with a Logitech cordless mouse and keyboard. Keyboard works ok, and mouse will point, however buttons on mouse do not work. Have tried re-booting and changing the USB port the receiver is plugged into. Mouse will work when plugged into a windows 8 laptop.

Anyone found a solution, or is it a known Yosemite BUG?

Kind regards,

Michael.

Oct 18, 2014 1:17 AM in response to rhaining69

Having the exactly the same problems. Grrr..... using Logitech cordless mouse and keyboard.

Cursor moves, keyboard works buttons do not.

Managed to get past the T&C screen using tab on keyboard but cannot advance past the "Collect Data Screen". Epic fail this is seriously basic basic stuff.

Any suggestions how I can resurrect my device or is this an excuse to try out the new store in Edinburgh?

Oct 18, 2014 2:39 AM in response to rhaining69

( 21,5" iMac Mid 2011)

Updated to Yosemite yesterday. The system didn't seem to be running well in the first place (black screen before the login screen, mouse lagged sometimes, main and secondary screen were switched up, etc. etc.). After some time my audio started crackling. I'm using an external USB-Audio-Interface because I'm recording instruments alot. While I was searching for a new driver suddenly sound went off, the mouse stopped working and my keyboard stopped working, too. It was no freeze, because when I wanted to shut the Mac down with the power switch on the back, OS X asked me, whether I wanted to shut down, or restart etc. This happened randomly every time I restarted.

Luckily I had a Time-Machine Backup set up so I'm back to Mavericks with NO ISSUES.

Apparently Yosemite doesn't like my USB-Ports so it shuts them down.

My USB-Devices:

• Audio: M-Audio Fast Track
  • Mouse: Steelseries Diablo III
  • Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013

So it's not a Logitech issue here...

I'm definitely not updating until 10.10.1 where Apple hopefully has fixed this massive issue.

Oct 18, 2014 7:44 AM in response to Tharu

Same problem here. Upgraded to Yosemite. My Logitech Performance MX mouse will point, but the buttons on mouse do not work. Tried re-booting, reinstalling the Control Center software driver and changing the USB port the receiver is plugged into. Nothing works. Searched on Logitech.com for new, updated driver -- there isn't one! Called Logitech (646) 454-3200 -- waited 25 mins / was disconnected. Called again; waited 25 mins - finally got some hollow support guy who knew NOTHING, repeat NOTHING, about when or IF there would be a driver update. Even spoke to a supervisor - same.

FIrst, I think this IS a software driver issue. My Kensington mice and trackballs work just fine. Second, Logitech customer support has to be one of the worst I've encountered. Regardless, I suggest that everyone call them and demand a driver update that works with Yosemite!

Oct 18, 2014 4:35 PM in response to rhaining69

rhaining69 wrote:

Just installed Yosemite on my Mac mini (Late 2012, 2.3 GHz Intel Core i&, 4GB memory). Yosemite appears to have installed correctly, but my USB logitech mouse is no longer working. I've been using this wireless Logitech mouse+keyboard combo for years without problems. The model number is CE0682. The combo has a receiver which plugs into a single USB port on the Mac mini, and pairs with both a wireless keyboard + wireless mouse. The keyboard works fine but the mouse doesn't respond at all. I've tried replacing the batteries, even though they reported as good, and tried repairing, even though the keyboard working indicates there was no need for it. When I unplug and replug the receiver, it is clear that Yosemite recognizes that I've removed and replugged in a mouse. (I was able to open the System Preferences -> Mouse panel by using Screen Sharing from a laptop running Yosemite, and use a remote mouse that way. With the Mouse system preference page open, when I unplug and replug in the mouse, the preference page clearly indicates there is no mouse attached then that there is a mouse attached.) I've also tried plugging in the receiver to a Mac laptop running Yosemite and again the keyboard works but the mouse doesn't.

Just turn it off and back on...

User uploaded file

Oct 19, 2014 3:03 AM in response to William Rivas

I have the same problem! My Logitech wireless USB mouse points but no clicks are registered. In all previous versions of OSX the mouse was plug&play compatible without the need of any logitech drivers. On bootcamp (Windows 7) the mouse also still works, so it isn't a hardware issue. I hope Apple can fix it - a mouse should just work, right? 🙂

usb mouse not working with Yosemite, help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.