Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After installing Yosemite, safari doesn't work any more.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 18, 2014 1:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2014 3:42 PM

I have the exact same issue, Safari worked at first after I got Yosemite, but now I can't launch the app at all. The icon just bounces once and stops. Help!

EDIT: I've also just noticed that Mail doesn't want to launch either. Great.

50 replies

Oct 19, 2014 1:50 PM in response to Koenfromdudzele

I used to have this problem but it fixed itself somehow.

Safari opened up with all my bookmarks but the pages did not load (blue loading bar gets stuck at around 20%). I tried links from emails with no success.

I noticed that I also got the spinning beachball when I tried to open the App Store app, instead I got the message saying I could not connect to the app store. I then tried the support page on the app store issue (OS X: "Cannot connect" or "Cannot connect to the App Store. An internet connection is required") and did the Invalid or incorrect Certificates steps.

After restarted my macbook, everything went back to normal. Not sure if it is at all related to your issues but it might be worth the try. Good luck.

Oct 19, 2014 2:11 PM in response to Koenfromdudzele

I have the same problem, cannot open Safari!!!

Installed Yosemite, everything but safari works - well it worked the first time it was opened, but once closed it wouldn’t reopen, just bounces in the dock a few times - then nothing.

Only when logged in as “guest can I access safari.

I’ve deleted cache.db, went on a bug hunt, found no malwear fiddled with the proxies settings -tethered to an iPhone and router, tweeked startup items, delated extensions, disconnected peripherals, nada!

So did a reinstall of Yosemite and once again safari opened the first time, but when closed will not reopen for user.

Have trawled the internet (seems to be a lot of people complaining about similar issues), but I’ve run out of ideas on how to deal with this.

Oct 21, 2014 9:37 AM in response to Koenfromdudzele

i have similar problem...

After i upgraded to Yosemite...foe one day...all were working fine.

Suddenly , when i was trying to browse the day after..... my safari, apps store, black apple logo click are not working .

I have tried reboot in safe mood, but it still in this problem...

Why does Apple launch upgrade version.....but the loyal customer should receive another trouble?? I don't understand..........

Anyone can help ..since Apple is not give the solution?

Oct 23, 2014 1:44 AM in response to Koenfromdudzele

I have the same problem too, after upgrading last night went well until the next day I just realized that safari wont run, I tried restart, it run for a sec and then goes like i dont have internet connection.while i use firefox it run with no problem. it applies to my app store too. my itunes wont play some albums too, (the free demo U2 album), I cannot believe bug like this can go unnotices at the early launch of new OS. Apple please fix and update the problem....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.